Chapter Twenty-Nine

'Hey,' Kyungsoo called with a smile. The history lesson had just finished, and he was rounding his desk to leave the classroom with his boyfriend.

'Hey, I missed you,' Jongin replied and grinned. He wanted nothing more than to engulf the smaller in a tight hug and pepper his face with kisses, but they had sullenly agreed to keep their relationship as private as possible, disregarding their ten friends.

After all, Jongin still feared his bullies. Even if they weren't here to uphold the role, they had plenty of wingmen who would be more than willing to follow up the tradition.

So here they were, walking side by side out of the classroom door.

'We just had a lesson together,' Kyungsoo giggled, blushing despite his protest.

'Yeah, but it wasn't together,' Jongin pouted, causing the smaller to giggle once again. He sighed and held the door open for his wide-eyed boyfriend to exit first. 'It kinda sucks that we can't work together anymore.'

'Sorry about that,' Kyungsoo mumbled, since he was the one who asked to swap partners in the first place. 'I would ask to swap back, but Miss whatever-her-name-is scares me to death, and I only just managed to convince her to let me change the first time.'

Jongin laughed as he leaned back against the wall outside the classroom. They had to wait for Baekhyun. 'It's okay, you don't need to apologise. It was my fault for being a dick and ignoring you anyway.'

'I understand,' Kyungsoo said, a somber feeling washing over him as he remembered those days of silent treatment not too long ago. 'You were embarrassed, maybe a little frightened. I would have done the same.' He grinned, before adding,' maybe. Probably not. I'm not a wimp.'

Jongin laughed and playfully pushed the older male's shoulder. 'Sure,' he said, dragging out the word. Kyungsoo simply stuck his tongue out at the younger in reply.

'So, what are you and Sehun doing for your project?' Kyungsoo asked, breaking the short silence between them.

As he narrowed his eyes in suspicion, Jongin ordered, 'you first.'

'You're so childish,' Kyungsoo replied, rolling his eyes but complying nevertheless. 'We're about half way through already. We're making a model for each major event in Black History.'

'That sounds good,' Jongin said, raising his eyebrows approvingly. 'I heard Baekhyun is pretty good at arty stuff.'

'Yeah,' Kyungsoo replied, his expression filled with enthusiasm. 'And then at the top of each one, we're going to write about it and-'

'Hey, stop giving our ideas away.' Baekhyun's stern voice silenced the doe-eyed boy, causing him to frown as the older appeared by his side.

'He won't copy us,' Kyungsoo countered, suddenly feeling defensive as he glanced at Jongin, then back at Baekhyun. 'I asked what they were doing first.'

'Yeah, well,' Baekhyun said, glaring at Jongin sideways, 'they might still find some inspiration. He does have a tendency to steal things.'

Kyungsoo backed away from the older boy slightly, his brows meeting in the middle. 'What's that supposed to mean?' he asked, annoyance creeping into his tone.

'Nothing, let's go,' Baekhyun said and grabbed Kyungsoo's arm. It was evident in his voice that he wasn't going to explain his choice of words, so Kyungsoo decided to follow after the older boy for the sake of preventing an argument.

He glanced over his shoulder as he let himself be dragged away, sending Jongin a short and apologetic smile. 'Sorry,' he mouthed.