Chapter Twenty-Six

'Minnie?' Luhan called. He leaned forward in his spot on one of the school's outside benches in order to see the boy's face better. 'Are you going to tell me what you need to talk to me about?'

Minseok's hands shook in his lap. In fact, his whole body shook with pure anxiety.

Ten minutes ago, he had been so determined to tell Luhan how he felt about him, but now that he had dragged the pink haired boy out of the dorms and sat him down on this bench, the reality of what he was doing had hit him hard.

He couldn't think. He figured that, when the time came, the words would pour out like a waterfall and they would fit together perfectly, but his mind had gone blank.

'Minseok hyung?' Luhan called again. Minseok flinched at the formality.

'W-well, you see..' The older sighed when his voice failed him.

Oblivious to the tension resting on his friend's shoulders, Luhan chuckled. 'You know, you can tell me anything. Nothing will ruin our friendship.'

Friendship. Minseok flinched again.

Okay, he thought. This is it. I need to tell him now, or I'll never tell him. He needs to know how I feel, even if he doesn't feel the same way.

Gathering the last of his courage, Minseok took a deep breath.

But just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, Luhan grabbed his arm and gasped. Minseok followed his gaze hesitantly, only to regret it immediately when he saw what had excited Luhan.

At the other end of the school yard, Sehun and Yixing walked side by side, laughing manically. Minseok faintly recalled Junmyeon saying that they had gone to spy on Kris and Tao's date.

Before the older could say anything, Luhan looked back at him with an apologetic expression. 'I'm sorry, but I have to go to him. I.. I'm going to confess.'

For the first time ever, Luhan caught the deflated look of disappointment on Minseok's face. He scooted closer, only causing his best friend to tense at the close proximity, and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

'Hey, I'm really sorry,' he said softly. 'Whatever you had to tell me, I promise you can tell me later.'

Minseok's brows knitted together as he looked away. Later will be too late. By then, you could easily be with Sehun already.

'Okay.'

To his surprise, Luhan closed the distance between them and placed a gentle kiss on the older's cheek. As he watched the pink haired boy walk away from the bench towards the other two boys, Minseok's vision began to blur.

He wiped away the forming tears and looked on, watching their lips form words when the two boys began talking.

As Luhan approached Sehun, the younger waved to Yixing before smiling at the oldest boy. For a while, the two remaining boys simply made small talk, yet that was still enough to make them both blush and look down from time to time.

'Sehun, I have something to say,' Luhan started nervously, scuffing his shoes against the grass beneath his feet.

Sehun smiled warmly, raising his eyebrows slightly in question. Surely, the smile of one's crush would cause their heart to flutter, but the motion only succeeded in increasing Luhan's nerves.

He looked down again, chewing on his bottom lip before meeting Sehun's gaze again. 'This might seem a bit sudden, but the thing is.. I like you, Sehun.'

At first, there was only shock that registered on the younger's face, but his raised eyebrows and open mouth slowly relaxed as a shy smile occupied his lips. Blushing visibly, he glanced down momentarily. 'I like you too, Luhan hyung.'

Those six words were enough to make Luhan's big heart swell with joy, so he decided to take the next step towards his goal. 'Do you think, maybe.. we could go out on a date, or something?' he asked, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

As a wide grin took over his face, Sehun took a step forward, thus closing the small and pointless gap between them. He bravely pulled the slightly smaller boy into his embrace, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. 'I'd like that,' he murmured against the boy's baby pink hair.

'Me too,' Luhan whispered into the younger's shirt, grinning from ear to ear as he returned the hug. He never would have thought he would be so lucky.

With furrowed brows sheltering his narrowed eyes, Minseok struggled to tear his gaze away from the two boys.

The way their bodies fit together, it was perfect. Like they were meant for each other.

After finally ripping his eyes away, he stood up from the bench and walked back inside. This time, he didn't have to wipe his tears away; he had none left.

~ A/N
This is my last update before I go on holiday tomorrow, so I'll leave you with this painfully painful angst:) Hopefully the wifi works, but I'll be updating slower these next two weeks. Bye bye~