Chapter Thirty-Four

'Kyungsoo, wait!' Jongin yelled. Running as fast as his strong legs would carry him, he sprinted through the school after the small male. But despite having much shorter legs than most, Kyungsoo had managed to make his way to the dorms in record time.

'Wait up!' Jongin called again as he watched the smaller disappear into his room, slamming the door behind him. With a sigh, the tanned male plodded to a walking pace, knowing that Kyungsoo would just be sitting on the other side of the door anyway.

Thankfully, he hadn't locked it, but Jongin knocked out of respect and politeness. 'Hyung,' he said softly as he rapped his knuckles against the wood. 'Can I come in?'

He heard the soft pattering of footsteps before the door opened slightly, and then Kyungsoo scurried back to his bed.

Without a word, Jongin entered the room and shut the door behind him. He walked the few steps to Kyungsoo's bed, then sat down beside the older.

'I'm sorry,' he said after a while of silence.

Kyungsoo was lying with his back to the younger. 'It's okay,' he replied flatly.

'No, it's not,' Jongin sighed. 'I shouldn't have acted so childish.'

The smaller rolled onto his other side then, glancing at Jongin with a slightly guilty look in his eyes. 'Don't take all the blame, Jongin. I'm just as frustrated with Baek as I am with you.'

Jongin hung his head. 'Yeah, but I'm your boyfriend.'

'Does that mean you'll tell me why you two argue so much?' Kyungsoo asked, cocking a brow.

Still not lifting his gaze, Jongin mumbled, 'I don't know, hyung, but maybe it is time.'

'Start talking.'

Jongin was reluctant, of course. What if Kyungsoo took it the wrong way, misunderstood? What if he acted like Baekhyun, refusing to give him time to explain fully?

But as he looked into Kyungsoo's stern, deep brown orbs, Jongin realised something much more important. If he didn't explain everything now, he ran the devastating risk of losing Kyungsoo forever. After all, the boy wasn't joking around; he wanted answers.

Running a shaky hand through his brown locks, Jongin began to recall his past.

'It happened in middle school. Baekhyun and I weren't exactly best friends, but we were pretty close. That is until she came.' He took a deep breath. 'Minah was an exchange student from Canada, and she was so beautiful, like a porcelain doll. Most of the boys had a massive crush on her, including Baekhyun, and I guess he was lucky because she chose him.'

Staring intently at the younger as he listened, Kyungsoo pulled him down to lay beside him. Jongin complied subconsciously, wrapping his tanned arms around the smaller as he wandered about his memories.

'He loved her so much, possibly even as much as I love you. He would have done anything for her, he treated her like a princess. But she was just playing with him. She.. she liked me.'

Kyungsoo gasped quietly and met the taller's gaze. His eyes were filled with sadness and the memories of betrayal.

'She toyed with Baekhyun's feelings, wrapped him around her little finger, just to get to me. Thing is, I liked Taemin even back then, but nobody knew of my orientation. When I realised what Minah was doing, I tried to warn Baekhyun but he wouldn't listen, saying I was just jealous. I tried to let Minah know I wasn't at all interested, but I was too polite and she just carried on.'

Jongin frowned, staring down at his lap. Seeing his pained expression, Kyungsoo laid a hand on top of the taller's, silently reassuring him that it was okay.

'She kissed me one day, just grabbed my face and kissed me, right in front of Baekhyun. He was looking for her at lunch, stood just a few yards away when she did it. I pushed her off and tried to explain, but he just gave me this awful look of hurt, so full of hatred that I actually felt guilty, even though he had totally misunderstood.

'They broke up after that, of course; I saw them arguing one day after school. Baekhyun saw me watching, and the way he glared at me as if he wanted to kill me - I knew he blamed me for everything. Minah moved back to Canada a few days later, but Baekhyun never spoke to me again.'

For a while, both of them were silent. As the words sunk into Kyungsoo's mind, he could only imagine how devastated the two old friends must have been.

'I'm so sorry, Jongin,' he said finally, his voice weak with sympathy. 'I never realised it was so bad.'

'It's okay,' Jongin replied, forcing a smile. He looked down again, squeezing the smaller's hand. 'Baekhyun had every right to be angry. I just wish he would have listened. I lost such a good friend, Kyungsoo.'

'I know,' Kyungsoo said softly, pulling the younger into his arms. 'I know. We'll fix it, Jonginnie, everything will be alright.'

Sinking into his boyfriend's grasp, Jongin allowed himself to be embraced. As the smaller ran his fingers through his locks, the tanned male felt the pain and sadness in his heart slowly subside. He just hoped Kyungsoo was right.

~ A/N
I'm not satisfied at all with this chapter. I'm really sorry guys :c
Also, when I was thinking of the girl's name I didn't want to use a popular idol name, so I just used the first name that came to my head which was 'Yoora'. What I forgot was that Chanyeol's sister is called Yoora and I'll be using her later on, so Baek's ex-girlfriend can't be Yoora, that would be weird:') so she's now called Minah. Sorry for any confusion!