Chapter Four

A long while passed before Kyungsoo managed to pull his gaze away from the familiar, dark skinned boy.

He turned on his heel and headed back down the previous corridor, dragging a confused Baekhyun after him.

'Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo! What happened?' Baekhyun cried, tearing his arm out of his friend's grip. Kyungsoo could tell from his expression that he was starting to become concerned.

'Nothing, it's fine. Nothing happened. The cafeteria is back this way, right? And lunch is in..' he glanced at his watch, '..five minutes. Let's go.'

Kyungsoo was extremely grateful when Baekhyun didn't ask any more questions.

~

They slid down the bar together, collecting their food as they went.

'You ready?' Baekhyun asked, and Kyungsoo nodded as he picked up his cutlery.

He followed after Baekhyun as the boy wandered towards a spare table. They settled down with their trays of food and began eating.

With little hope of a conversation at the sight of a starved Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's mind began to wander.

His eyes lazily and slowly swept across the room, involuntarily landing on one person in particular.

Kyungsoo didn't recall seeing Jongin enter the cafeteria, but the said boy was sitting with four other boys, quite a few tables away from Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

He didn't look to be enjoying his time, Kyungsoo thought. In fact, Jongin was slumped lazily in his chair, staring at his food solemnly as he played with it. His friends seemed to be engaging in an exciting conversation, but Jongin didn't appear to be paying attention at all.

Feeling a pair of curious orbs on him, Jongin looked up from his plate of food. Their gaze met, causing Jongin to jump slightly and sit up straight. His eyes widened in surprise as he gaped at Kyungsoo.

The older boy returned his stare, gaze unfaltered and a slight smirk occupying his lips.

The surprise on Jongin's face subsided, only to be replaced by a warm smile which made Kyungsoo's stomach flutter. The younger boy raised his hand and gave a small, discreet wave.

Kyungsoo glanced at Baekhyun, who was stuffing his face with food, before returning the silent greeting.

Jongin gestured with his hand again, touching the tip of his thumb to his forefinger to ask, 'you okay?'

Kyungsoo nodded and took a bite of his food. He could feel Jongin's eyes still on him, and when he looked up, the brown haired boy rolled his eyes at his friends then turned back to see if Kyungsoo caught it.

Kyungsoo did, causing him to lower his head and giggle softly, but so did someone else.

The boy beside Jongin was boring angry holes into his skull with a look that read, 'behave yourself.' The younger boy's smirk quickly faded when he looked at his friend.

After receiving the boy's silent warning, Jongin pouted and hung his head, a mischievous grin tugging at his lips.

'Junmyeon,' he mouthed when he met Kyungsoo's gaze again. The latter gave a small 'ah..' before turning back to his food.

He was shocked to find Baekhyun staring up at him with wide eyes. The boy followed Kyungsoo's gaze before turning back. 'You know Kim Jongin?'

Kyungsoo fiddled with his chopsticks. 'You could say that,' he replied.

'That guy is the king of moodiness,' Baekhyun muttered. 'I've only seen him smile genuinely twice in three years.'

Funny, Kyungsoo thought. I've seen him smile five times in three days.