Chapter Thirty-Seven

As Kyungsoo laid comfortably on Jongin's bed and scrolled the films on his laptop, the taller rummaged through his bedside drawers for his special stash of popcorn.

After agreeing to spend a night watching movies together, they had quickly hurried to Jongin's room and begun to get themselves prepared.

Mark Tuan, Jongin's roommate, didn't need to be asked to leave when he saw the couple walk in, grinning; he simply shot up from his bed, grabbed a few essentials and bounded giddily to Kyungsoo's shared room with Jackson.

'What about this one?' Kyungsoo suggested. He held up the laptop and turned it so that Jongin could see the movie on screen, which was the famous Korean film Miracle in Cell No.7. The smaller had been scrolling for a while - Jongin had a lot of films on there - before he finally found one he would like to watch.

Jongin looked over his shoulder and scrunched up his nose. 'Nah, I've seen that one before,' he replied.

Raising an eyebrow, Kyungsoo placed the laptop back down on his knees. 'Never usually bothers you,' he mumbled, bearing in mind that whenever they watched a film together, Jongin would recite the entirety of the script until Kyungsoo had to kiss him into silence.

Finally finding and grabbing the bags of popcorn, the taller trotted over and plopped down on the bed beside his boyfriend.

'How about that one?' he asked, pointing to a film on the screen, then proceeding to rip open the snacks.

'Titanic,' Kyungsoo read aloud. He glanced at the other suspiciously. 'Haven't you already seen this?'

Jongin smiled sweetly and shook his head, radiating innocence as he fed the smaller some popcorn to avoid further protests.

Chomping on the mouthful, Kyungsoo sighed and set the movie going. He shuffled down a little so that his head was in line with Jongin's shoulders. The latter lifted an arm and circled it around Kyungsoo, pulling him closer as the film started.

For the nth time, Kyungsoo was eternally grateful for subtitles. He loved the English and American movies that Jongin owned, but they weren't all that great when he couldn't understand a word that was being said.

Throughout the first half hour of the film, Kyungsoo's eyes flicked between the subtitles and the scenes on the screen, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Occasionally, Jongin would pop a piece of popcorn in each of their mouths and they would chew quietly as they watched.

Kyungsoo was just thinking about how Jongin had barely spoken a word through the film so far when the taller finally parted his lips, and at what he decided to quote, Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh.

'Draw me like one of your French girls.' Jongin managed to keep a perfectly straght face for at least two seconds, before he too burst out laughing.

'You're such an idiot,' Kyungsoo said, hitting the younger on the chest playfully as he was fed some more popcorn.

Despite the stupidity of Jongin's script recitals, Kyungsoo couldn't deny that he looked forward to them on movie nights. When the younger went as far as to add accents and even pitches to the quotes to better the impression, Kyungsoo only found himself laughing more - and consequently falling even more for the tanned boy.

Which was what led Kyungsoo back to his conversation with Baekhyun that day. He knew he was feeling something so indescribably amazing whenever he laid eyes on Jongin, but was it love? He couldn't be sure, but every word Jongin said caused butterflies to explode in his stomach.

'Rude,' Jongin muttered, before turning back to the laptop. They carried on watching for a while, Kyungsoo now contemplating his thoughts and feelings, before the dark-skinned boy spoke again. 'Can I draw you, hyung?'

'What?'

'I want to draw you.'

Kyungsoo burst into a fit of laughter for the second time, but Jongin didn't join in. Instead, he sat patiently and waited until Kyungsoo had finished.

When he had, the smaller wiped his eyes and met Jongin's unamused gaze. The smile fell from his face instantly. 'Oh, you were being serious?'

'Yes,' Jongin replied with a frown. Then he smirked. 'Baekhyun isn't the only one with brilliant artistic skills, you know.'

'Really?' Kyungsoo asked, his eyes widening in surprise. Jongin was truly exceptional. He knew that the boy could dance fairly well and he also knew that the younger particularly enjoyed music, but he would never have tagged him as a creative artist.

Thankfully, Jongin didn't seem offended. Instead, he grinned and gave Kyungsoo a matter-of-fact look. 'That's right! So, can I draw you?'

Suddenly, Kyungsoo's face heated up. He was now genuinely intrigued to see what Jongin's drawing of him would look like, but the idea of the taller also staring at him and studying every detail of his body for hours on end made him feel rather self conscious.

Nevertheless, curiosity won over. 'Okay,' he said, smiling shyly.

Grinning triumphantly, the younger handed him some more popcorn and turned back to the film.

An hour or so went by before he spoke again, and the film was nearing its end. The two main characters in the film, Jack and Rose, were now fighting for their lives against the cold ocean waters, and neither Kyungsoo nor Jongin had dry cheeks.

'I'll never let go, Jack,' Jongin quoted in time with the words coming from the laptop. But this time, neither of them laughed. They watched, both with tears streaming down their faces, until the film more or less came to a close.

Jongin turned to the smaller, who was wiping his waterfall of tears away roughly. 'I'll never let you go, hyung,' Jongin said quietly.

Having now wiped his eyes dry, Kyungsoo looked up at the younger. 'I'll never let you go either, Jonginnie,' he whispered.

Jongin smiled and closed the distance between them, reuniting their lips in a sweet kiss. He kicked the laptop further down the bed and rolled onto his stomach, burying his face in the soft fabric.

'We're so sad for crying at a film,' Kyungsoo laughed, shuffling down so he was lying beside Jongin.

'Hey,' Jongin said sternly as his eyebrows knitted together, 'I've cried at tons of films. They can be very emotional!'

Giggling, Kyungsoo shuffled closer, causing Jongin to place an arm around the smaller and pull him into him. 'I'm sorry. It was a good movie though, I enjoyed it.'

'Good,' Jongin said sleepily. Wriggling his legs underneath him, he managed to kick the bed covers down until he could pull them over himself and the smaller male. 'You'll still let me draw you though, right?'

Kyungsoo sighed quietly and breathed a laugh. 'If you must,' he whispered.

'Thank you,' Jongin replied, his voice muffled by the pillow. 'I'll capture every inch of your beauty.'

That was the last thing either of them said before they both fell into deep sleeps.