Chapter Ten

'So, what are we going to do?' Jongin asked, sitting cross legged on the end of Kyungsoo's bed as he observed the now homely room.

'Anything you want,' Kyungsoo replied.

'But I don't know what I want.'

'Well you'd better think of something, hadn't you?' Kyungsoo chuckled and began searching his room for things to do.

'Anyway,' he said with his head in a drawer 'are you going to tell me why you were so upset earlier?'

Jongin sighed internally. He was hoping Kyungsoo wouldn't ask. 'Global warming,' he answered.

Kyungsoo stood up and looked over his shoulder. 'What?'

'Don't you think humans are just so cruel?' Jongin asked as the older sat back down on the bed, his face contorted in confusion.

'I mean, we use cars and things because we're too lazy to walk a few miles to work or wherever, but whilst we're sat at some crossings, moaning about the train taking so long to come by, we're slowly destroying our planet. I mean, polar bears are going extinct!'

Kyungsoo was silent, staring at Jongin like he had grown another head. The dark skinned boy suddenly hung his head and pretended to cry dramatically into his hands. 'It's just so sad!'

After a moment, Kyungsoo leaned forward and flicked his forehead hard. A strangled 'ouch!' escaped Jongin's lips and his hands flew up to caress his head.

'You're an idiot, Kkamjong,' Kyungsoo muttered with a chuckle. Jongin pouted, and Kyungsoo suddenly felt butterflies fill his stomach.

He cleared his throat and continued on his search around the room. 'Why don't you read a book?' he asked as he unzipped his suitcase.

Jongin snorted. 'You drag me all the way to your room and expect me to sit and read a book?'

'I have homework, so I-'

'Wow.' The younger stared at the ton of books in front of Kyungsoo. 'You brought a whole suitcase just full of books?'

Kyungsoo shrugged. 'I like reading.'

'Yeah, I can tell.'

The owl eyed boy raked through the suitcase until he found a book he thought Jongin might like, then handed it over to him. 'Read this,' he said.

Jongin took the book and read the title aloud. 'Dancing with the Devil.'

He flipped the book over, then back again. 'Look, hyung, it's about you,' he grinned, and held it up to show Kyungsoo.

'Shut up,' Kyungsoo shot back. Jongin snickered and despite himself, Kyungsoo couldn't help but smile.

~

Kyungsoo's first week at the boarding school flew by, and he found himself spending more and more time with Jongin, both in and out of classes.

The weekend soon came around and he was reluctantly aware of a celebration that was to be held by one of his father's business partners, in honour of opening up a new branch in Japan. The party would be held on the Sunday and Kyungsoo was expected to attend, despite not having spoken to his parents since he arrived at the boarding school.

But for now, his main concern was his attire for the evening. He hadn't bothered to bring any suits to the boarding school, and he refused to encounter his parents earlier than necessary at his house.

Which was how he ended up asking Jongin on a friendly date to the mall.

'What did you say you needed again?' Jongin asked, looking around at the shops in awe. He had never seen so many expensive brands in one place, and the fact that Kyungsoo could afford every single one of them still baffled him.