Chapter Thirty-Three

It was just Kyungsoo's luck that he found himself sat, once again, between Jongin and Baekhyun. But Chanyeol had also managed to charm their teacher into allowing him to swap seats last week, meaning there was a possibility that he could keep Baekhyun occupied so as to prevent any more petty arguments.

However, when Kyungsoo and Jongin sat side by side, waiting for their other classmates to arrive, Kyungsoo decided that it was time to sort this out.

'Jongin, you need to talk to Baekhyun,' he said firmly.

'I'm not talking to him.'

'But you have to.'

'I'm not.'

Kyungsoo sighed. 'What is it that happened between you two that means you won't even speak a word to each other anymore?'

'It's a long story,' Jongin murmured. He was staring down at his desk, but Kyungsoo could see the sadness in his eyes.

'How about I ask him, too? I'll get him to agree to at least talk it out with you,' he suggested.

For a moment, Jongin was quiet. He knew that Baekhyun would never agree to sitting down, hearing and understanding his side of the story, but they needed to solve this one way or another.

'Okay,' he said quietly, nodding. 'You're right. I'll talk to him.'

Smiling, Kyungsoo squeezed the younger's hand under the table. 'Good.'

At that moment, Baekhyun arrived and took his seat. Kyungsoo wondered where Chanyeol was, then decided that he had probably just gone to the bathroom.

They exchanged greetings - excluding the obvious two - then sat quietly as they waited for the teacher to arrive.

Every now and then, Jongin would side-glance at Baekhyun, but when ten minutes past and neither of them had said a word, Kyungsoo decided he would have to step in.

'Baekhyun,' he said, turning to the male. 'You need to talk to Jongin. You need to sort things out, and he agrees with me.'

Baekhyun didn't look up. 'Tell Jongin I don't want to talk to him.'

Kyungsoo swivelled around to face his boyfriend, who had heard the words clearly. He sighed and mumbled, 'I knew he would say that.' Then he spoke just loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear. 'Tell him we have to, otherwise this will go on forever.'

The small male twisted back to his left. 'He says you have to, otherwise this will go on forever.'

Baekhyun looked up then, his brows knitted together as he scowled at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, of all people! 'Tell Jongin to let it.'

'He said to let it go on,' Kyungsoo huffed, speaking to Jongin, who rolled his eyes.

'Tell him to stop being childish.'

Turn. 'He says to stop being childish.'

'Stop being childish?' Baekhyun echoed, anger flashing across his features. 'How can you blame me for hating you after what happened?'

'I don't blame you for hating me,' Jongin argued, 'but if you'd just hear me out-'

'I don't need to hear anything! It was perfectly clear what happened when it happened!'

By this point, almost all of the students in the class had turned around to watch the argument take place.

'Baekhyun, you're being ridiculous! Won't you just listen to me for one second?' Jongin demanded, his own voice rising. 'Kyungsoo, tell him!'

Kyungsoo turned once again to block the two boys from speaking to each other. But as much as he was trying to stay calm, this whole reciting sentences thing was starting to irritate him.

'Baekhyun, I don't have a clue what happened between you two, but I've pretty much figured out by now that it must have at least something to do with that Minah girl.' Baekhyun tensed at the name, confirming Kyungsoo's suspicions immediately. 'Like I said, the only way to sort this is to talk with Jongin and listen to each other properly. You heard what he said, and he's willing to talk to you if you'll just give him a chance!'

Baekhyun's face was contorted with anger as he glanced over Kyungsoo's shoulder at the tanned male. 'Well you can tell Jongin that I don't-'

'I am not your freaking messenger!' Kyungsoo screamed, the irritation finally exploding into rage. He pushed his chair back with a harsh squeal, just as their teacher finally arrived.

'Do Kyungsoo, what in the world-' she started, but Kyungsoo was already shoving past her and storming out of the door.

Chanyeol was also just walking in, but he stepped back with a surprised expression when Kyungsoo stomped out. 'Kyungsoo?' he called, but the small male was already half way down the corridor, and it was clear that he wasn't turning back.

'Kim Jongin, sit back down this instant!' their teacher yelled, but the dark-skinned boy didn't take any notice of her.

Instead, he pushed past her and cried, 'Kyungsoo, wait!'

Bewildered, Chanyeol watched him run out of the classroom and after Kyungsoo.

The tall, elf-like boy stood frozen for a moment, before he turned back around with wide eyes. Forcing his legs to move, he made his way over to his seat.

'Are you going to tell me what that was all about?' he asked his boyfriend softly. Baekhyun was still twisted in his seat, but his eyes were glossy with tears. Despite the despair in his eyes, his face was still flushed with anger.

'Later,' he replied in a shaky voice, and all Chanyeol could do was nod.

~

It wasn't for a few more hours that he deemed it safe to ask Baekhyun for an answer. In the comfort of the small boy's bedroom, where there was nobody else to form an audience, it seemed the right time to confront his boyfriend.

Wafting his long legs through the air above the bed, he spoke in a soft but wary voice. 'So.. Will you tell me what happened in class earlier? Why Kyungsoo left in a huff?'

Baekhyun was silent, and Chanyeol worried that he would never answer. After all, the boy hadn't spoken a word since he had been sat at his desk. He had previously claimed to be doing homework, but his writing hand had barely moved.

'He was upset,' Baekhyun answered quietly, after what seemed like forever. 'Jongin and I argued.'

Sighing internally, Chanyeol closed his eyes. He should have guessed it had something to do with their problem. 'What did you argue about?'

Pushing the chair around, Baekhyun faced the tall boy, but his eyes were glued to the floor. 'Her,' he said through gritted teeth.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea swept over Chanyeol. Was Baekhyun cheating on him with a girl? No, that was ridiculous. Why were they arguing about a girl? 'Her.'

'I should have known,' Baekhyun said, his voice breaking as tears pricked his eyes. They were distant, as though he was recalling a thousand memories at once. 'I should have realised he wanted her.'

Wanted her? Oh, no, Chanyeol thought. Was Jongin cheating on Kyungsoo?

As dread filled his system, Chanyeol crossed the room to the small boy, who was standing now and running his hands through his hair. 'Baekhyun, what the hell are you talking about? Who is she? What did Jongin do?'

'He took her. He took her from me, but she was just playing with us all from the start!' Baekhyun's tears were flowing freely now. He pulled at his hair, and Chanyeol frantically fought to pry his hands away.

'Baekhyunnie, what are you saying? You're not making any sense!'

Baekhyun's hands flew down as he yanked them away from the tall boy. 'He stole her from me!' he screamed. 'My girlfriend! She left me and it was all his fault!'

~ A/N
Whoop drama~
So many of you guys are from the USA!<3