Chapter Eleven

'He is so good looking.'

'Who?'

Instead of a name, Baekhyun only breathed a contended sigh from his lips. He leaned his head back against his locker door, staring with love struck eyes at something across the hall.

Kyungsoo followed his gaze to see Chanyeol chatting with Kris beside their lockers, just across the hall from himself and Baekhyun.

Turning back around, he decided to state the obvious. 'You really like him, don't you?'

'Isn't it obvious?' Baekhyun asked, his expression filled with self pity. Kyungsoo nodded and patted his friend's shoulder with a sympathetic smile.

'How long have you liked him?' he asked.

'Since I could walk,' Baekhyun deadpanned, still drooling over the tall giant. When Kyungsoo gave him a warning look, he answered again. 'It's been five years now, since we started at this school.'

'And you haven't told him your feelings?' Kyungsoo asked. Byun Baekhyun was usually bold and confident, not really giving a damn what other people thought of him.

Baekhyun groaned and closed his eyes for a moment. 'I'd rather not end up being the biggest joke of the year. Besides, I don't even know if he's gay..'

As if to prove that point, Chanyeol turned to face a boy, looking to be a few years younger than them and rather camp, who had just approached him. A kind smile spread across his face and he stood up straight, towering over the boy.

'.. because he looks pretty straight to me,' Baekhyun finished, his tone turning slightly sour.

The two boys watched as the seemingly younger male stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's tall frame. His eyebrows shot up and his smile widened slightly as he leaned down to return the smaller's hug. But there was something awkward and shy about the whole scene, and it was clear they weren't familiar with each other.

'Do guys usually just walk up and hug him like that?' Kyungsoo asked, his eyes glued to the other side of the corridor.

'He's the most popular guy in school,' Baekhyun replied. 'Any guy, gay or straight, would pay just to be hugged by him like that. It's considered an honour to even speak to him.'

'Really? I wonder why he's never mentioned that to me,' Kyungsoo mused.

'You know as well as me how modest he is, Kyungsoo,' Baekhyun chuckled. 'He wouldn't ever boast about something or say anything to make other people feel lower than him.'

There was a moment of silence as Kyungsoo thought about this. Chanyeol had always been kind, caring and selfless since he was a tiny child, and Kyungsoo wouldn't admit it but the giant boy was the total opposite of himself. Unlike him, Chanyeol never flaunted his wealth, nor used it to his advantage in life.

'Hey, you two are close, right?' Baekhyun asked suddenly, grabbing Kyungsoo's shoulders.

Kyungsoo frowned, nodded and waited for the catch.

'Oh my god, you have to talk to him for me!' Baekhyun cried like it was the idea of the century.

'What?'

'Please, Kyungsoo, get him to notice me, even if it's just eye contact.'

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. His childhood friend had officially lost his mind. 'You're really that desperate?' he chuckled.

Baekhyun blushed and looked away, but said quietly, 'he means so much to me already, Kyungsoo. I just want him to know I exist.'

Kyungsoo sighed dramatically. 'Fine..'