Chapter Thirty-Six

When Jongin and Baekhyun arrived back at the dinner table together, both smiling to themselves, all ten of their friends clapped. It seemed as though the others - Junmyeon and Yixing - had joined the group whilst they were out.

Jongin sank down next to Kyungsoo, who instantly cuddled into him. 'Well done, Jonginnie,' he grinned, nuzzling the younger's neck.

Although the action sent shivers down Jongin's spine, he pulled away and looked his boyfriend straight in the eyes. 'Have you eaten now?'

'Yes, I've eaten,' Kyungsoo replied as he rolled his eyes.

Jongin grinned and pulled the smaller close once again, planting a soft kiss on his hair. 'Good.'

On the opposite side of the table, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were doing pretty much the same.

'I'm so proud of you, Baekkie,' Chanyeol said softly, stealing a quick kiss as Baekhyun's cheeks flushed a faint pink.

'I know,' he replied curtly, trying to suppress a smile.

Chanyeol chuckled and squeezed his hand. 'Everything's better now,' he said. And he was right.

~

'I'm so glad you and Jongin are okay again,' Kyungsoo grinned as he and Baekhyun sat in their music lesson. The two were currently trying to decide on a song for the showcase, but no ideas were coming to mind, so they ended up simply sitting and chatting instead.

'Me, too,' Baekhyun replied, smiling widely. 'I have my friend back.'

'I wish I'd seen how close you two were before everything,' Kyungsoo sighed, sitting back on his hands.

Baekhyun laughed, raising his eyebrows at his friend. 'We were really close. Jongin was still an idiot back then.'

Kyungsoo joined in on the laughter, not finding that hard to believe. Suddenly, a thought occurred to him. 'Did Chanyeol encourage you to talk it out with Jongin?'

'Of course,' Baekhyun winced. 'I kind of yelled at him at first, but he just stayed calm and hugged me until I calm down, too. I explained everything after that, figuring that if I was going to talk to Jongin about it, I better understand everything for myself first.

'Chanyeol didn't judge me at all, he just nodded and then helped me to plan out what to say. I was scared he would think of me differently, stop talking to me or even break up with me.'

'Why would he do that?' Kyungsoo asked. 'He really loves you, Baek.'

'Yeah,' Baekhyun murmured, grinning wildly. 'I love him, too.'

The younger laughed and made gagging sounds, earning him a glare from Baekhyun.

'So tell me,' the older smirked. 'Have you guys done it yet?'

'Done what?'

'You know,' Baekhyun winked. 'It.'

As it dawned on Kyungsoo what his friend was referring to, his eyes widened. 'No!' he cried, appalled.

'Really?' Baekhyun asked, his eyes almost popping out of his head in surprise. 'Why not?'

Kyungsoo frowned. Was it really that little of a deal? He had yet to lose his virginity, so he considered it a very special thing. 'I don't know if I'm ready yet,' he mumbled.

Realising that Kyungsoo must be more than a little embarrassed, Baekhyun pursed his lips and looked down. 'Do you love him?' he asked after a moment.

'I.. I don't know,' Kyungsoo said honestly. 'I've never loved anyone before.'

'You'll know soon,' Baekhyun said, smiling warmly.