Chapter Five

Jongin took Kyungsoo on a tour of the entirety of the school, showing him every single room that Kyungsoo had already regrettably seen, thanks to Byun Baekhyun.

But there was one new place that Jongin introduced him to. The rooftop.

When Kyungsoo reached the top of the steps leading up to it, his jaw dropped.

The rooftop was decorated all around with vibrant flowers and shrubs, and emerald green vines climbed the wooden beams that provided a canopy overhead.

The plants framed a breathtaking view of the city, with tall buildings scraping the clouds and busy traffic bustling along far down on the ground.

'It's beautiful,' Kyungsoo breathed.

Jongin chuckled and gently pulled the dazed boy to a bench amongst the greenery.

Kyungsoo sighed contentedly as he gazed out across the city. 'We should come here more often.'

'What?'

'Hm?'

'What did you say?' Jongin asked and narrowed his eyes at Kyungsoo.

'I said I should come here more often,' Kyungsoo replied.

'No you didn't.'

'What?'

'You said we should come here more often,' Jongin stated. Kyungsoo fell silent for a moment.

'So what if I did?' he challenged.

Jongin shrugged, a smug smile creeping onto his lips. 'I guess it'd be nice to come here together again.'

'I don't want to come here with you,' Kyungsoo dead panned.

'Well that's rude,' Jongin said. 'What's wrong with me?'

'Everything is wrong with you.'

'Don't talk to me.'

Kyungsoo crossed his arms and turned away. 'I won't.'

'You just did.' He could hear the smirk in Jongin's voice.

He turned back to face the younger boy with a scowl. 'You're so childish.'

'I know,' Jongin grinned.

~

'So you got banished here after your filthy rich conglomerate dad found out about your shit Business grade?' Jongin clarified, trying to sum up everything he had heard in the last half an hour.

'Pretty much,' Kyungsoo replied.

'Wow.'

'Yeah.'

'How are you finding it so far?' Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo sighed and rubbed the nape of his neck. 'Not too bad, I guess. I've been friends with Byun Baekhyun since childhood, so it was nice to..'

He trailed off, suddenly realising something. The small boy jumped to his feet with an alarmed expression. 'I forgot about Baekhyun!' he cried. 'I told him I'd meet him after class!'

Jongin was silent for a moment, staring up at Kyungsoo in disbelief, before he couldn't suppress his laughter any longer. Kyungsoo scowled at him and began to make his way towards the stairs.

However, he was stopped when a hand shot out and gripped his wrist. He turned back slowly to face Jongin.

'We've already missed three quarters of our second lesson, and I'm sure Baekhyun won't mind that you stood him up. He's a pretty carefree guy from what I've seen, right?' He loosened his grip on Kyungsoo, who was rooted to his spot on the ground.