5

Mr Chuks peeps through the slightly opened door of the master bedroom and looks towards the sitting room. "Woman!" He calls out to his wife and she looks up from her friendly conversation with Zephaniah. "Let's have a talk." She nods in reply and reluctantly leaves the living room and goes into the room. The loud bang of the door draws Mr Chuks attention from the view out the window back to his wife.
  "You called me."
"We have to talk about something."
  "And it couldn't wait till I finished my discussion with my son?"
"No it can't."
      "What's so important?" The woman asks and takes her seat on the divan mattress.
"I really don't like what you're doing with this children."
  "What is that?"
"You're trying to sow a seed of discord and when the fruits are ready for harvest none of us will find them bearable." Me Chuks starts.
"What exactly are you trying to say? Please stop speaking in parables." His wife cuts in.
"Okay. What I am trying to say is that I don't like the way you're always supporting Zephaniah...."
"I shouldn't support my son? Ehn?"
"Listen to me woman and stop interrupting my words." Her husband cautions.
  "I have heard you."
"You are always supporting Zephaniah and showing him more favour so much that Jael now feels that everyone else is been neglected. If he was the first born, I would have said maybe because he is. But he is a twin and they must be treated equally. If you want to praise them specially, do that in private. If you want to condemn them individually, do it behind closed walls so that they don't end up thinking less of each other. It's whatever you lay down for them that they will follow when you die."
"Ah ah! My dear, this one you're already talking about death. No one is dying now please."
   "Are you trying to avoid this conversation?"
"No I am not. I am coming to that. You see, I gave birth to this children and I know their potentials as well as the things they do wrong. You see that Zechariah, he doesn't have one good thing like this in him. Though people think he is more brilliant I believe that is because they do not put both of them in the same class and considering the university, what is so important in business administration? Ehn? That simple course. When I told him then to study accounting, he refused and now he is walking up and down the streets of Port-haccourt looking for work. I pray he gets one on time oo, because if not I will stop him from eating in this house."
   "Excuse me?" Her husband queries.
  "You heard me right oo. And when you were talking you told me not to interrupt oo." Mr Chuks shakes his head in mild anger and she ignores him continuing her words.
"I will stop him from eating because Zephaniah is the one working for the money we use to buy food. The government has decided to reduce your pension to half and give you the half part every month and my little business can not even do anything much. So he better be fast with getting a job. Or else?"
  "Nothing will happen woman. Why don't you try to understand things. Are you frustrated because he didn't study accounting like you wanted him to? Or you're just been intentionally wicked. Because if you are not being intentionally wicked you sure know what is currently going on in this country has of ours. To get a job is not child's play not to mention a well paying one. You better take your time and act properly towards your children. We might think we will live forever and die tomorrow whereas we might have the hope of dying tomorrow and live forever. Nobody knows, so you better set your home in order." Mr Chuks concludes and exits the room leaving his wife on the bed.
   "Imagine this man, is this matter up to this? He should sha get a job that's my business." She nonchalantly gives a hiss and goes out of the room too.

Heyo 😊. I deserve a warm hug for the second update in one day right 🤷. I know ☺️. Have you ever felt like you were adopted? Like every other person in the house just has this special treatment edge over you. Like you're never the best and is always been compared to your siblings and infact your friends? I feel it too. It's reduced now though. How? Well, I prefer driving my energy into more joyful and fulfilling things like praying, reading the Bible, reading books and of course giving you book updates. You can do it too. Just try telling it to Jesus and I'm just a dm away. Do take care of yourself 💌 and don't forget that no one can make you feel less unless you allow them😍😍.

Yours In Ink; Bethel ™