13

"We are singing unto the Lord, singing Alleluya, singing unto the Lord.... Singing Alleluya." The song comes to a halt as about five members of the the congregation including Zechariah stand before the altar showing off various dance steps. The pastor picks up the microphone and, "Alleluya!" the deep baritone voice calls out. The congregation goes wild for a moment for silence takes the throne.
Pointing at the people in front, "Our brothers and sisters here are about to appreciate God's glory in their life. When God does something for us let us endeavor to make testimonies through this week strength other people's faith in God. So, who do we have first?"
A dark young man goes forward and picks up another microphone. "This week, God added a new year to my stay on Earth and it's one of the fulfilment of his promises to me because I ought to have died a long time ago." Shouts of 'Alleluya' rent the air as the congregation claps. The microphone goes round and round till it's finally Zechariah's turn to speak.
He starts by going on his knees and facing the altar, "I want to appreciate God for his faithfulness and Grace because it not nor my power. I sure was expecting a miracle but not this great. I appreciate the man of God too because God used him to strengthen my faith. God did something that I never expected, infact I'm still in a little doubt as I speak." He submits.
"I cast out every spirit of doubt in Jesus name!" The pastor says. The crowd laughs while some say, "AMEN!"

Just after the service, Zechariah leaves the choir stand and goes over to the youth session to wait for his sister. He takes a seat by the edge while the youth coordinator addresses them. As soon as the elderly woman leaves, Jael comes over to her brother and holds him by the hand.
"Where's sister Ronke and her husband?" She asks looking around. "I didn't see them throughout the service." She continues. Rising up to his feet, Zechariah takes her hand and walks to the entrance door.
"They had to go for s family Thanksgiving at Dunsin's parents church." He gives a reply.
"Seriously? Yoruba people and their ways. So they had to travel down to Lagos because of one service." Ronke comments.
"That's their culture abeg."
"Brother Zechariah! Brother Zechariah!" The duo turn back to see the owner of the voice and the reason for the call. A young lady, fair, of average height and belonging more to the figure referred to as hourglass, obviously in her late twenties walks up to them. She now reaches them and Jael rolls her eyes.
"Sister Rose. Good afternoon." Zechariah greets her.
"Afternoon brother. Sorry I called you like that. I tried to walk up to you but then I noticed that you guys were putting your long legs to use and this," pointing to the blue stilleto heels she has on, "wouldn't let me run."
"Oh. Sorry about that. So you wanted to tell me that?"
"Yeah. That I'm happy for you and that you should know that I never stopped praying for you. I know this is God answering my prayers." She says putting on a smile. Meeting her smile with a bigger one, "Wow. Thanks so much sister. You're very much appreciated. Thanks once again."
"It's nothing." Rose says.
"Then why did you have to run after us just to tell him?" Jael says just to Zechariah's hearing. This makes him chuckle and shake his head.
"What's that?" Rose asks.
"Nothing. Nothing at all. See you on Sunday."
"Yeah. Bye." Rose replies and gives a little wave of her hand which Zechariah can't return because almost immediately, Jael's hold on his arm tightens.
"All this shoe sisters ehn. She didn't come before you gave testimony oo. I'm here to specially show her pepper." Jael speaks up immediately they turn to go.
"Seriously Jael. You will not kill me." Her brother responds laughing before his laughter gets cut short as his phone rings out. It's Sheba.
"Hello Miss."
"Are you done with church?"
"Obviously."
"Let me pick you up to go shopping for your office wears. Three o'clock is okay?"
"Yes. Wait for me at the spot we met."
"Don't keep me waiting."
The line goes off and he turns to look at his sister.
"Who's that?"
"Sheba. She wants to pick me up for a change of wardrobe."
"Really?" She squeals. "This is the real deal. That's what we're talking about."

Wattpadians💃💃💃💃
How you doing? How was your day? You see yoruba people ehn, we have a speciality in inviting all our family members to a function 😂😂😂. When Jael said shoe sisters did anyone come to your mind 🤔🤔, share abeg😉. And it looks like Sheba is getting up to something abi who takes a new worker out to change his wardrobe. Issokay 😶.
Vote 🌟
Comment
And please share
You're specially loved🤩💝
Yours in Ink; Bethel ™