18

"Is she not picking...."
"Hello! We're outside." Zechariah says and drops the call facing his sister and friends. "She's on her way."
They nod in acknowledgement while looking around.
"This place is big oo." Ronke comments looking around the big crystal glass encrusted logo and name of the hall placed at the entrance of the building. "The Royals".
"It really is for the Royals." Jael comments holding on to her brother's arm. Ronke sights this and pulls her hand.
"Common leave my boyfriend alone. How do you want him to get a wife if you keep following him around like this? Ehn?" She questions.
"I'm sorry ma'am." Jael says turning to her brother, "If you don't get a wife tonight ehn, you will see what I will do you you." She threatens and turns to another lady by her side putting on green cord lace made body hug gown with a caped neckline. She holds her hand and pulls her forward, "Let's go Esther."
Ronke bursts into laughter and follows them as they go into the building. Almost immediately, Sheba comes to meet them and locks Ronke in a hug.
"Hello. Nice meeting you. You must be Ronke." She says admiring the blue guinea material sown into a fitted gown rocked by Ronke. "You look really beautiful." She compliments.
"You look awesome too. Gorgeous. Infact, I'm happy to lose by boyfriend to a beauty queen as yourself." Ronke returns hugging her once more.
"Thanks so much. I feel really special." Turning to Jael and her friend, "You must be Jael, the life support."
"Life support? When did I get that name?"
"That is what your brother calls you if you don't know. He cherishes you so much."
"I do too. Thanks for taking care of him." Jael appreciates.
"It's my pleasure. Hello." She greets Esther before Zechariah and Dunsin walk up to them talking about something.
"Hello beautiful." Dunsin says drawing her into hug.
"How have you been?" He asks.
"You must be Dunsin. I really have heard a lot about the best friend like a brother. He says you are the reason he still hasn't packed out..."
"Ah ah! When did I say that? I only said the part about best friend like a brother. Pack out ke? My patience has this special type of longetivity." Zechariah cuts in. Everyone laughs and Beersheba goes over to hug him. He hugs her back after patting her back. Jael sends him a "I wasn't informed" look. He chuckles and Beersheba leads them on holding Zechariah by the arm. They trudge into the midst of a sea of multitude and find their way to a special table.
"I reserved this for you people. And Jael, I thought you were going to bring a guy."
"Well, I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. Besides, all my make friends are extra busy at the moment." She explains.
"Oh. Okay then. Will you please allow me borrow this gentle man for a while?" Beersheba asks getting a positive reply from everyone on the table. She then stretches her left palm open and Zechariah places his right palm in it. She then proceeds to drag him away earning laughs from the others.
"You look really good this evening Mister."
"I look good every time." He responds putting on a smile.
"Who cares if you look good every minute. At least you should say thanks for the compliment." She corrects him teasingly.
"Sorry ma'am. Thanks for the compliment."
"It's you that know oo." She replies trying to hide her smile.
They keep walking till they get to another table at the other end of the hall. Sitted here are ladies and young men dressed in different materials of wine color same as that of Zechariah. Two elderly women however put on white attires different from the others.
Beersheba walks up to one of the women and hugs her.
"Auntie Rose."
"My baby. How have you been?"
"Good. So if Daddy didn't celebrate his birthday you would refuse to come home."
"It's not like that dear. It really isn't."
"Okay. It's fine."
Looking up, the elderly woman notices Zechariah standing and nervously looking around the table. She puts on a smile and directs her attention back to her niece.
"So who is that young man?" She questions.
"A friend actually."
"Just a friend?"
"Auntie Rose...."
"Okay. Okay. My hands are up. You might have to introduce him though because he's extra nervous and your mother extra eager."
Beersheba turns to face her mother and catches the questioning look from her mother. She nods to Rose and goes to hold Zechariah's hand.
"She doesn't bite." She tries to make him feel comfortable.
"If you say so."
"Seriously? You can make jokes in a situation like this abi? I know what to do to you."
"Good evening ma." Zechariah greets as he genuflects on reaching Mrs Jacobs. She pulls him up into a hug and pats his back.
"How are you doing my dear?"
"I'm fine ma."
"So you're are fiance?"
"No Mom. He's my friend." Her daughter answers instead.
"Come on let the young man answer for himself. He can talk right? Besides, what kind of friend do you invite to your family function as your date?" She turns to Zechariah, "Young man?"
"The name is Zechariah ma. And we're just friends."
"Okay Zechariah. If you mean business please do it on time. And if you don't, please adjust so that prospective customers can stop. Okay?"
"Yes ma. Noted."
"This one has home training." Aunt Rose notes.
"Yes auntie. He's a Christian."
"Little wonder. God bless you my dear." She says.
"Amen. Thanks ma."
Holding him by the arm, Beersheba pulls him again.
"See you around ma." He shouts and follows her.

Just as she halts the car in front the gate, she hands over a package to Jael.
"Please give that to mummy for me. This one might forget if I send him."
"Really? Are you trying to say I'm forgetful?"
"You're saying that yourself."
Jael chuckles and opens the door. "Thanks. I will deliver your message." Zechariah looks on as she enters into the building and closes the gate behind her.
"You look like you want to say something." He observes looking at Beersheba.
"That's because I want to."
"Go on." He urges her.
"What happened is that, I don't want to pass of as classless but there's this guy I like and I don't know how to tell him. He's a policy person actually. I also don't want that to ruin our friendship."
"You see, just tell him. If he's not interested he will tell you. You have to give him time to think about it though. Again, be careful so you don't hurt him with your words and actions if he refuses. Because I know you oo." He advises.
"Okay. So, Zechariah..."
"Yes."
"You're the person. I like you and I will want you to be my boyfriend. I'm giving you time like you asked."
"You said what?"

Did you hear that too? What was that actually 🤔 proposal I guess 😂😂. It has happened oo, Beersheba has proposed relationship not marriage. I was just about to query her for the quack proposal then I remembered that it's not for marriage 😂😂😂😂. And yes. I know I deserve to be flogged, like really. I just put everyone on hold since about 11 days now. I really am sorry. It's not my fault. And thanks a bunch for the reads and votes. Love you to the moon and back 💕💖💖. Thanks so much 🙈😍.
This chapter is dedicated toDeliaKay1912. She's my newest follower. Please check out her book, My Child. Another one is coming up soon too. Stay tuned. Everyone is special actually ☺️, but how will I recognize you if you don't comment or vote. You need to be appreciated oo, shey you get.
Thanks in advance as you vote 🌟, comment and share. Much love 💖❣️.

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™