44

The door creaks open and urshers in Zechariah dressed casually in a blue round neck top same as Sheba with the differences been his black trousers and her wine skirt. He then leads her to a chair while she looks around nervously. Jael then comes running into the living room putting on an apron and really sweaty.
"Sis...." She screams jumping on Sheba.
"J-girl! How are you doing?"
"Come on get off her. With that your extra smelly body and sweat." Zechariah chides Jael sending her a mild glare.
  "It has turn to that one,abi?"
"Don't mind me jare. You're always welcome to hug me anytime."
  "You see?" Jael mocks Zechariah sticking out her tongue.
"Sha get off. Where's everyone?"
"Dressing up. Mom doesn't know what to wear." Jael says muffling a laugh.
"Who said so?" Mrs Chuks answers from behind her making her burst out in laughter. Zechariah joins in while Sheba goes on her knees to greet her.
"Good evening ma."
"Good evening my dear." She goes to her and pulls her into a sitting position. She then sits beside her and holds her right hand.
"You didn't tell me she is this beautiful." She queries looking at Jael.
  "I showed you her picture na."
"It doesn't do justice to what I can see."
She then turns to look at Sheba again while the latter bows her head slightly.
"Wow! I love her already."
"All thanks be to God." Zechariah whispers to their hearing heaving a sigh of relief.
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing Mom. Nothing."
"Can we have the dinning now?" A voice interrupts and they all look up to see Mr Chuks dressed in a  blue caftan. They all stand up and walk to him as Sheba goes on her knees again.
  "Good evening sir."
"Evening my dear. Please pardon the manners of my family members. They don't know that you have to satisfy the tummy first." He jokes and leads them to the dining table.
Everyone gives a hearty laugh while they take their seats at the table. Mrs Chuks stands up to serve while Sheba assists in passing the plates.
"See wife material oo." Jael hails her making her smile.
"You think I will just carry one thing home abi? One hundred yards sef." Zechariah replies her.
  "Where is Zephaniah? I haven't seen him." He asks.
"He's not coming." Their mother replies as she serves her own meal and sits down.
  "But then,why? I told everyone to be around now."
"He has issues with his wife."
  "Hope it's no big problem?" He asks sitting up obviously concerned.
"After dinner." Their father chips in earning a nod from him.
"So, how are you doing my dear?"
"I'm fine sir."
"So I heard your family is in agreement to your relationship."
   "Very well sir."
"That's nice because we are in agreement too. He already brought one lady like that but I didn't like her at all not to mention accept her as my daughter in law. But you look different. A lot different actually."
"Thank you sir."
     "You see, you have even entered the family already. Since our mother here," he points to his wife, "Already like you, you have no problem."
  "Thanks so much ma'am."
  "You're worth it my dear. And let me add this, you really are lucky to meet a man like this. I know that I underpraise him but I know what he is worth too. So please take real care of him. He didn't get so much love while growing up." She tells Sheba putting on a sad look.
"I will try my best ma. I pray God helps us."
"Amen!" The others chorus. The family resumes their meal while Zechariah reaches down to squeeze Sheba's hand in assurance. They mirror a smile and he sends her a wink that doesn't go unnoticed by Mrs Chuks.
She clears her throat and they look at her.
"You people should wait till we finish eating oo. Don't choke us with your love."
  "Ah ah! Mama o." Zechariah laughs.
"Jael is the only one liable to choke here. She's the only single one." Mr Chuks replies.
"Dad! I'm not single oo."
"Ehn? Since when? You didn't even tell me." Zechariah protests.
  "How will she tell you? She didn't even tell her own mother." Mrs Chuks complains.
"You people should leave my daughter alone oo." Mr Chuks defends her while Sheba clears her throat, "She told me."
"What?" Every other person except Jael shouts.
  "Yes. I told her not to tell Zechariah." Jael confesses.
The family looks on in surprise as Jael and Sheba jam their palms together.

Wedding yaff come oo. I know the next scene should probably be the wedding but we still have some things to do in the middle. You will see them very soon, stay back and watch. That vibe you get when your in-laws love you. Imagine your sister in law telling you something about herself that no one else knows. I can't believe we have abandoned McKinney and Sons investment limited like that oo😂😂😂😂. No more work, no more friends. It's just Zechariah and Sheba all the way💃💃💃💃💃💃
Yours in Ink; Bethel ™