37

"So, use that as refreshments first." Dunsin offers placing a bowl of chinchin on the table in front of Zechariah. The latter sends him a smile and continues with the conversation on the phone.
  "Yes I came to their house. Will return home tonight though."
"Is Sissy home?"
"No. She went to the bakery. Dunsin is home though."
  "There's nothing we want to talk about. Sissy promised to show me this new coating method. We've not had time to talk about it since then." Jael's voice comes up from the other side again.
  "Oh. Okay sha. How's home? I called Dad yesterday but he said Mom wasn't around. Called her she didn't pick up." He explains scratching his full afro styled haircut.
  "For one I know she's no longer annoyed with you. Maybe she didn't see it on time sha. Home is fine. Your brother keeps coming home to eat dinner."
  "Zephaniah?"
"Which other brother do you have?"
   "What's going on?"
  "I don't know. I have a guest though. Can I call you back?" She asks.
  "Who is the person?"
"Mind your business." Jael replies gushing over the phone.
"It's okay. Don't complain when I start mine though." Zechariah teases her and drops the call. He turns to face Dunsin now perched on a couch adjacent him busy on the laptop.
  "Office duties?"
"No. Taking a teenage relationship class."
  "Oh. Connect me na."
"Really?"
   "No oo. That was a joke." Zechariah replies throwing a handful of chinchin into his mouth.
  "You and who? We are doing this together. Next time you come here, you're joining me."
  "Yes sir. He says and chuckles.
Dunsin suddenly drops the laptop beside him and turns to look at his friend, "So what's up with Sheba?"
  "Erm..... Nothing actually. I'm not too social you know. I don't want to be too eager. Who knows if she might reject me."
   "And who knows if God has spoken to her too. Just take a bold step like the royalty you are. What's the big deal in that?"
  "It's not that easy bro. Not all ladies appreciate a work organization relationship. She might not even see me in that light."
   "And then you will tell her to pray about it. Pray before you sleep tonight and before you leave for work tomorrow morning. Tell the holy Spirit to give you utterance. She's about to be out wife you know? We have to know her now so we can have a very close relationship." Dunsin advises giving him a lecture.
  "Okay."
   "Again, be yourself. Don't be too extra. Don't copy another person's style. God knows that she will appreciate you the way you are. If not he would have told you to change one or two things before introducing her to you."
   "Ah. Dunsin oo. You this Yoruba boys with sweet mouth sha." He jokes.
"Yes oo. She can't deny the effect of this handsomefirefulness. It's just so noticeable and awesome. What else? Your attitude? Perfect! Your composure? 100 percent. Let me check oo." He says and places his hand to his head as if thinking. "Ehn ehn! Your stand with God? She has nothing to worry about,you really are a Zechariah......"
   Zechariah's laugh cuts in as he begins to roll on the chair in process spilling the chinchin in the bowl on the table and chair.
"Dunsin stop the hype abeg. I am now reassured, the hype is enough." He says not stopping the laughter. The door suddenly opens and Ronke comes in her tummy having an evident round shape.
  Zechariah immediately puts on a big smile and stretches his hands for an embrace.
  "Bup Daddy!" She shouts coming to hug him.
"How's our baby?"
"Troublesome as usual." She sighs and goes over to her husband. She wraps her hands around him and he pulls her in for a little moment of intimacy.
  Zechariah clears his throat teasingly and Ronke sends him a glare, "Mchteew! Don't go and do fast with Sheba. I don't know exactly what is stopping you." She chides taking a seat beside her husband.
  "You see?" Dunsin emphasizes before Ronke's eyes suddenly widen and she shouts. "Who made my house look like this?" She asks looking in between the two men. They both point to each other and she immediately stands up to her feet.
"Before I open my eyes, you people should clear this place." She commands making the men scramble around for pieces of chinchin on the floor, table and chair.

Awwwn 🤗. Who thought Ronke was about to give birth? Calm down ehn. It's not yet time oo, 😂😂. That feeling when have friends not people who consider you as extra tires. They only appreciate you when there's no one else. Zechariah is so lucky. Having friends who appreciate you isn't easy. Looks like our couple are finally coming together oo💃💃💃💃💃. Zechariah receive courage in the name of Jesus 🙏🙏🙏.😍😂😂😂😂. I get that feeling though, it lingers in the mind. This chapter is dedicated to @CHRISdampop
Thanks so much for the votes and comments. Can't love you less 💖💖💖. Please vote 🌟 comment and share. Much love ❣️❣️

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™