12

The tune of "Hallelujah Challenge" by Nathaniel Bassey circulates the room and Zechariah spontaneously lifts up his head with bloodshot eyes and rubs his face with his left palm. The phone goes off as he reaches out to pick it and it rings out the second time. He checks the caller and immediately picks up the call.
"Hello Sheba!"
"Yeah Zechariah. How are you doing?" The feminine voice responded from the other side.
"I'm doing well." He replies his voice raspy and hoarse.
"Did I wake you? Oh! Sorry about that. I just had a goodnews I wanted to share with you." Eager to listen to whatever it is she wants to say, he immediately sits up on the bed and his whole attention is fixed on the call.
"I'm listening."
"I know right. So what happened is that, I talked to my dad today again and he said you should resume on Monday. Looks like he likes you already because he gave you an impressive position oo."
"Really?"
"Yes."
"So I got a job?"
"Obviously. As the assistant manager of the company."
"What did you say?" Zechariah asks in a bid for confirmation because his eyes suddenly widen as Sheba repeats her words.
"Assistant manager na. Didn't you hear?"
"Hooray!!! Hooray!!! Hooray!!! I got the job! I got the job!" He jumps of the bed and runs to the door still holding the phone very close to his ears.
"Thanks so much Sheba. You're sincerely appreciated, like, I don't even know how to pray for you. Thanks so much."
"One good turn deserves another sire. Do take care."
"Thanks once again."
"Yeah. Bye." Without giving room for a reply, she puts an end to the call and Zechariah stares at the screen, she's still very rude though. Couldn't even let me say bye. Anyhow. "Ope oooo!!!! Jael! Jael!!" He calls with fevour and his sister runs into the room looking extra scared. She runs up to him and looks at him queering and staring, though frightened. She looks around the room and goes over to the window side to see if she can sight the reason for such an alarming call.
"Bro, what's up."
"You didn't hear everything I have been saying?"
"Except my name, nothing else. Are you okay though?"
"No! I mean, yes."
"Now I'm more scared. What's happening now?" Jael whines standing in front of her brother with her arms fold akimbo.
"I got a job baby girl." Realisation dawns on her as she hears his words and she begins to squeal aloud. She screams and jumps on his happily.
"I told you he was going to do it, didn't I?"
"Yes you did. You did. Thanks so much dear. Don't worry ehn, my first salary is for you."
"Ah ah! Bro..... You see ehn, I will collect my money oo." She jokes pulling her right ear.
"I know right." Zechariah replies.
"You're now looking at the Assistant manager of Ade Jacobs Clothing Company. I have arrived." He announces his face radiating extreme joy. He picks up his phone, "Let me call Dunsin and then call the pastor."
"You should. Will you give testimony on Sunday?"
"I don't know oo. You see as happy as I am, I still haven't believed. At least not until I see my office."
"Zechariah. I cast out the spirit of fear. The job is yours and you're doing the testimony on Sunday. Final!"
"As your lordship pleases." He says putting his right hand to his head imitating a saluting police officer. They both laugh and he dials his best friends number.
"Hello bro. I got the job."

He got the job💃💃💃💃💃. Who said our God is not on the throne? He will just do His thing in a way to intentionally surprise us. Zechariah got a job 💃💃💃💃. Wait for his time, yours is coming. And no, the book is nowhere near done. Just sit back and let's go through it together. Shey you know I promise a rollercoaster ride abi? Till whenever family 😊😊. Please vote 🌟, comment and share. Love you 💕.

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™