28

"Hello Beersheba." Zechariah speaks up as he picks up the ringing mobile phone and accepts the call. Her voice comes up at the other side.
"Hey. How are you doing?"
"I'm fine. You?"
"I'm okay. So I wanted to apologise for yesterday."
"What happened yesterday?"
"Erm..." She begins stuttering, "I insulted you yesterday. I didn't mean to. I didn't even see it as something big until I told my cousin and she said it's too much. I'm really sorry."
Rolling his eyes, Zechariah settles on a foam made black suede material coated stool. He places his head on the window pane and replies, "I was annoyed actually. Like really annoyed. Anyways it's okay."
"Thanks for understanding."
"Yeah. I have something to tell you though."
"What's that?"
"It's about the proposal you made."
"What about it?" She asked her voice suddenly becoming very exciting.
"My dad isn't in support of it."
"Your dad?"
"Yes. My father doesn't support it."
"Why? What did I ever do to him? Does he even know me?" She asks as her voice suddenly drops.
"He has another lady for me. I don't know what you did to him. Of course he knows you. Better than I do in fact."
"I don't understand. I have never even seen him before. Is the other lady better than I am?"
"I don't know the other lady actually. But I trust his decision."
"Looks like you love the other lady already. You're so comfortable with his judgement. I expected you to at least deliver this message to me with tears or a croaking voice or swollen eyes. But no, you're here telling me with so much happiness. Perhaps we will talk some other time." She concludes with a hiss and disconnects the call.
Zechariah stares at the screen for a while before the door to his room opens and Jael comes in.
"Bro."
"Sweetheart."
"Dinner is ready. Are you okay?"
"I am. I just told Beersheba that we can't be together and it looks like she's taking it well. I expected her to shout my head off but she's taking it quite well, I think." He says getting up to his feet. He goes over to the bedside and skips on a pair of blue donlop flip-flops.
"Really? Wow!" Jael mutters and nods her head.
"Let's go and eat abeg!" He pulls her out of the room to the dining room where the rest of the room is sitted.
He sits opposite his twin and greets everyone on the table.
"Good evening Dad and Mom." Looking at Zephaniah, "You're here again?"
"Am I not allowed?" Zephaniah queries looking up from the meal of spaghetti and sauce.
"Well, I thought you had an apartment of yours."
"That doesn't stop me from coming here."
"Of course. But it's not for only dinner na. You only come here to eat not to do anything else." Jael snickers and sticks out her tongue at him.
Zechariah rolls his eyes at their about to start banter and begins to munch his food. The banter going on between Zephaniah and Jael go on for a while before Zechariah hits his fork mildly on the plate and everyone looks up.
"Good evening once again." He speaks up as their mother gives him a questioning look.
"What do you want to say?" Zephaniah asks.
"I have an announcement to make. On a norms, I'm not meant to say this but just so I can clear up the atmosphere I have to talk about it."
"Speak up." Mr Chuks urges him.
"So, what actually happened is that just as Mom kept on ringing in my ear, I went before God concerning my marital issues and he replies me."
"I said it. It's Beersheba isn't it. I know I am a seer by calling of birth." Mrs Chuks interrupts hitting her plams together.
"No Mama. She's not the one. Infact our collaboration will be disastrous. That's what God said."
"Disastrous as how? Ehn? Better don't say what God didn't say o."
"Exactly Mama. That's what he said."
"But..." Their mother starts but is interrupted by the clearing of throats. Everyone turns their attention to the man of the house as he takes a gulp of water.
"Congratulations my son. God has spoken and none of us will go against it. It is well with everyone of us in Jesus name." He then faces Zephaniah, "Young man, if you are sure that Stella is the one please quicken up the process." He concludes and stands up to leave the table.
"Thanks Dad." Zechariah says beaming with smiles. "Thanks sir." Zephaniah mutters clearly surprised. Mr Chuks just gives a quick nod and goes into the room.
"You better don't think about anything. Stella is the one from God." Mrs Chuks says and sends a warning look to Zephaniah who smiles in reply.

I have come oo. Hello Wattpadians 💃💃. How's everyone doing? I'm sorry I took this long to update. I had data issues ehn, please don't be annoyed. Bro Zechariah finally told everyone ooo. Who can guess what Beersheba will do next?? One pinpop for you if you get it correctly 😁😁. Do have a beautiful week ahead. What do you think of this chapter??
Please vote 🌟 comment and tell that your friend who has another friend to tell a friend 😊😊.

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™