19

"Bro like when she said it yesterday ehn, come and see me looking like what the hell is this lady talking about?"
The voice from the other side lets out a huge laugh before responding, "really? Have you ever branched the topic before. Maybe you gave her a green light that you were interested."
"Seriously Dunsin. Do you actually think I have time for that? We both know I got this job when I learned expected so I am trying to make something out of it. Infact I want to save up a little so I can start my own clothing company or a store a least." Zechariah explains moving to the window blinds. He raises them up and light floods the room.
"Bro got big dreams. It's nice actually, it's not like you're not going to get married."
"Who spoke about marriage? Looks like it's just a cruise relationship jare. No message from God or anything. Like, we both know there's a difference between godly proposal and one that is not. You know well enough what I'm talking about guy. You sure understand." Now agitated, he pulls the blinds again making the room go back to it's original form before the pulled the blinds open.
"I know right. You see no one knows the mind of God unless he shows it to us. So, I suggest we pray for now and hear from God first. Then you know what to do after that." Dunsin advises.
"Sure. Pray with me oo."
"You should know I don't have the mind to leave you alone in prayers na. Do take care."
"You too bro. Thanks so much. My regards to my love."
"She went to the market. Will tell her once she's back. Take care of yourself too and give my regards to Jael."
"Sure. Bye." The call is disconnected with a beep and he drops the phone on the bedside lamp stand. He goes to the wardrobe and picks out a blue round never top. He pulls on the top and leaves the room. He goes into the kitchen and meets his sister washing the dishes.
"Good afternoon bro." She greets him putting on a smile.
"How are you doing?"
"I'm fine. You?"
"I'm troubled. I need prayers too." Jael immediately stops the running tap and wipes her hands on the napkin placed at the edge of the metal sink mould. Seeing this Zechariah cracks up in laughter and shakes his head.
"No nau. It's not yet up to that na. It's just a mild issue."
"Something that makes you troubled and need prayers. I'm listening oo."
"So Beersheba asked me out yesterday."
"Ehn?" She shouts her eyes as wide as saucers as she places her hands on her hips.
"Calm down jare. Only Dunsin knows. I just wanted to pray about it to clarify things. I don't feel anything."
"Really? She's bold oo. Wow! I guess it's the feeling of being rich." Jael comments and returns to washing the dishes.
"That's all you have to say?"
"You already said you are going to pray about it now. What else? It's settled."
"You better pray with me oo."
"Noted. Besides....." The sound of footsteps make her stop and they both anticipate the carrier of the legs. Their mother comes into full view putting on a black bubu and red scarf. She is barefooted contrasting the footsteps heard the other time. The siblings share a look before Zechariah greets her first.
"Good afternoon Mama."
"Good afternoon ma." His sister seconds.
"How are you people doing?"
"Fine ma."
Zechariah immediately makes a move for the door before she stops him.
"So when were you planning to tell me that my prayers have been answered? Ehn?" She queries facing him.
"Which prayers Mama?"
"You people think I didn't hear you abi? Were you not discussing marriage proposal just now? Issh!"
"No oo Mama. It's not what you think." He tries to protest looking at Jael for assistance.
"No Mama. It's not marriage proposal oo."
"Oh please! You know I just came into this world yesterday so you people can deceive me abi? It's okay oo. Sha bring my wife as soon as possible. Maybe you and your brother will even do your wedding on the same day." She suggests and leaves the kitchen without waiting for any response or counter opinion.
Zechariah turns to his sister looking pale.
"What do I do?"
"Pray naa ni. Besides, you need to stop fearing this woman's decisions. You're getting married soon maybe not to her but to somebody. Learn to take your stand bro."
"I will. I'm just a little worried."
"Cast out worry abeg." She says moving up to him and pulling his non existent cheeks. He hits her hands playfully and she pushes him out of the kitchen.
"Don't let me see you here for the rest of today oo."
"Why na?"
"Go and pray."

There's this special privilege and feeling that comes with being surrounded by people of like minds most especially Christians. When you feel like everything is about to fall they just show up and God uses them to turn everything around. Imagine having about two or three people praying on top your matter 😊😊, sweet sweet experience. Bro Zechariah has entered the praying realm bayii ( like this).
And to everyone who has decided to stick to this book and this inconsistent writer, I say a beautiful thank you. 20 more chapters and we're done. Thanks so much family. You're specially loved. This chapter is dedicated to all ghost readers. Please know that you're specially loved too💜💜.

This period is sure a should I call it trying period for everyone. So Christian soldier, hold your stand and don't drop the sword. You have to keep keeping on and remember that he who endures till the end shall be saved and that you need to hold fast to that which you have lest no man takes your crown. That's my word of exhortation this morning. A beautiful morning to you. Have a nice day 😍