47

"Stella!" Zephaniah calls out to Stella dressed in a Robin egg blue dinner dress with stony beads all over where she is sitted alone busy with her phone. She raises up her head and their eyes meet making Zephaniah give her a tight smile. He goes over to sit beside her and she looks at him as if surprised.
  "Hey." He greets.
"Hi."
"How are you doing?"
"I'm fine."
"I can see it." He comments looking at her slightly robust build and shining skin. Stella returns her attention to her phone before he nervously clears his throat.
"Can I please have a moment with you?"
"Why?"
"I need to talk to you but I can't do it here."
   "And why should I trust you?" She questions looking at him from head to toe in slight annoyance.
  "Please just do. I promise I won't do anything stupid."
"You better keep your promise or you will be seeing a side of me you don't know exists." She contemplates on either dropping her bag on the chair and taking it along before Zephaniah stretches his hand and holds the strap.
  "What's that?"
"I can carry it for you."
  "Don't worry I will just leave it here."
"Why? I'm not trying to say there's a thief here but anything can happen."
  "I will just hold it then." She throws the strap on her shoulders but it meets with his fingers instead. He takes the bag and holds it for her turning to go.
"I insist. After me please." He requests leading the way out of the hall.
  She scoffs and grudgingly follows him out of the hall to the back of it where a slab made of cement is sited. He sits on the slab and motions for her to do the same. She sits beside him and looks away.
   "Stella. I want to apologise for my actions that made you discomfited. I didn't know I was hurting you that much." He starts.
  "Is that what we're here to say?"
"It's part of it."
  "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just bounded and blinded by pride. Please find it in your heart a place to forgive me. I promise you that it won't repeat itself." He pleads getting on his knees.
Her eyes widen in shock at his actions and she tries to pull him up but he doesn't budge.
"Stand up Zephaniah. I don't like this."
"I'm not standing up until you actually forgive me. Actually forgive me not say that you forgive me."
She heaves a sigh and looks at him, "Why did you do it?"
"You were perfect. You still are. I was not. So I was jealous. Again, I was beginning to fall for you but I didn't want you to know so you wouldn't think of me as weak."
  "Zephaniah! Why would I ever do that? I would have appreciated it."
  "You can still do it now." He says still on his knees.
"Please get up. I forgive you okay? I'm serious. Stand up now." She pleads before he finally gets up and sits beside her again.
"Please give me another chance. I won't mess it up."
"You said exactly the same thing on our wedding day."
"I'm different now. I really am. Please Stella. I really do love you. If you don't see the change you're then free to leave."
  She tilts her head as if thinking for a while before a smile graces her lips and she nods her head in affirmation.
"Fine. Let's start again." Happiness engulfs him as he pulls her into an embrace wrapping his hands around her as she returns the gesture and puts on a fulfilling smile.

Thank God for second chance oo. Thanks too Stella 😀😀😀, author loves you. Everything is taking a new turn. Everything is finally settled and this is where we come to the end of Choice. Where we get to say goodbye to Zechariah, Sheba and everyone else. I get the fact that it's painful. It's not like I feel happy doing it too. I do understand your feelings. Thanks for the engagement, the reads, the votes, the comments and the shares. You're sincerely loved 🤩💝💝. This chapter is dedicated to mimi_chanix
Thanks so much for the votes. You're appreciated 😊😊
  Yours in Ink; Bethel ™