26

"So Mr Chuks, is the marriage that unbearable?" The lawyer, a tall lanky man dressed in black suit and white shirt sitted on a black swivel chair looks up to Zechariah just as his secretary comes in with a file. She drops the file on the table and genuflects, "I'm done sir."
"Thanks Sarah. I will get back to you when I need you." She struts out of the house and he turns his attention back to Zechariah who has his head in between his plams.
"Is it that unbearable?"
"It is lawyer. I still can't explain how I survived three months in that house. It was a choking moment."
"Was? You no longer stay there?"
"I still do. I'm just celebrating my freedom already. I will love to leave now." He rises up to his feet.
"You will have to sign first though. I will have the court messenger deliver her a copy. The lawyer says and Zechariah gives a quick nod. He sits down for a moment and picks up a black pen to sign the form. Done signing, he stands to leave.
"Thanks so much once again. You're doing me a huge favor."
"I'm not happy with dissolving marriages. But I can't bear abusive ones either." The now sober lawyer says and pats him on the shoulder. He nods once again and goes towards the door.
"Do take care Mr Chuks."
"You too sir. Thanks once again." Zechariah replies and walks out the door sending a wave to the secretary who nods in return.

The sound of the bell from the gate draws Beersheba's attention from the game she is busy with on her laptop. She dusts her green joggers for imaginary dust and picks a black top from the top of the couch. The bell goes again and she gives a loud hiss. She hurries out the door and sights a man bearing a brown envelope trying to create a means by which he can enter the compound aside using the gate.
"What do you want?" She questions barking at him.
"No vex madam. I have a package for you." He gives her the envelope which she reluctantly takes and stretches forward a form to her.
"What is this?"
"You have to fill out this form. To show that you have received the package." The man explains scanning the house a million times. She snatches the form from him abs succeeds in bringing his attention back to herself. She picks the pen placed in between his fingers and pens down her signature. She returns the form to him and turns to go without bothering to take a second glance at the man.
She opens the door and settles on the chair opposite the one she was before and sees that she really is the addressee of the package. She cuts the flap of the envelope open pulls out a paper. She goes through it for a while but bursting out into laughter.
"Zechariah! Zechariah!" She calls out fire blaring from her eyes. There is no response for a while until the sound of a door opening and closing and Zechariah soon moves down the staircase. He doesn't acknowledge her and she follows him with her eyes into the kitchen and back into the sitting room holding a glass cup filled with water. He takes a relaxed gulp and settles on one of the armchairs.
"Didn't you hear me call you?" She asks him arms akimbo.
"I won't be here if I didn't. What is that?"
"Oh. You sure should ask. Your messenger just delivered. What nonsense is all this about?"
"Matrimonial dissolve or what?" She continues throwing the papers into his lap. He doesn't even bother to check them, rearranges them and places them on the center table.
"Just do a favor. Sign it and we're out of here. It's no biggie." He offers and returns to the kitchen.
"What effonterry? Zechariah? Who or what gave you the mind to do this? I proposed to you and if there will be any annulment it will come from me."
"Look woman, don't test my patience. You really don't want to know what I can do. So, don't test my patience as I just warned you." He advises and goes up the stairs not bothering to listen to her rants and shouts. He opens the door to his room and burst in tears almost immediately.
"How did I even act all strong in front of her? I'm so weak. I'm supposed to be happy but here I am crying because I feel like I have a big hole drilled in my heart. Oh God!" He shouts dropping to the floor in a kneeling position. He reaches out to pick his Bible and clutches it in a firm grip.
"Oh God! Forgive me oh God! I'm sorry oh God! I'm sorry for allowing myself to be denied of my rights as a member of the sonship. I'm sorry Lord." He cries out in agony breathing heavily as his voice fades out.

Good morning family. That's chapter 27, done and dusted. For all Nigerians congratulations on this new president of ours. During his tenure, God will give us reasons to give thanks. It is well with Nigeria and thanks for your prayers too. I feel like it's the one still speaking for us. For sticking to Choice, thanks so much. I really wish I could start giving everyone chocolate or warm hugs for making Choice reach 160 reads. Awwwn ❣️ I feel so loved and honored. Thanks once again. Is there a book you want to recommend to me? Sure let me see it😊😊. This chapter is dedicated to AnjieCyn
Thanks so much sis, you're sincerely appreciated 😍😍. Do have a beautiful day. It's should be a double update though. Or more 😁😁

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™