22

The door opens and Zechariah raises up his head. Beersheba comes in dressed in ankara shirt dress and silver open toes stilleto heels. Zechariah looks at her curiously and she rolls her eyes. She moves to sit down and looks at him making her lips into a pout.
"Good morning. How are you doing?" Zechariah greets her without looking at her.
"Why are you avoiding me?"
"Excuse me?"
"Why are you avoiding me Zechariah? Seriously?"
"What makes you think I am avoiding you?"
"I not thinking it. It's what I know. Since like Monday now, yes Monday. You have been running away from me since we got to work together. And you're now asking me if I think so."
"You should understand that I'm busy now. You know that I have been attending meetings since that Monday. We had one together on Wednesday right?"
"I know alright. But still, you could have called me or something."
"I'm sorry. Besides I'm trying to give you space...."
"Space? What did I do?"
"It's because of the proposal."
"Zechariah? Are you feeling uncomfortable? I'm sorry okay..." She puts on a sullen look and begins to apologise.
"Will you at least let me talk? I mean that I am on the verge of confirming my feelings. You know I have to give you feedback soon right?"
"That's true. I'm sorry for having a wrong assumption. I didn't know that you were doing me something good all this while. Thanks so much."
"Really? You were about to yank my head off when you entered the other time."
"It's love na. Don't be annoyed."
"It's fine. I have a lot of praying to do too. I really am stressed out too. I know I need rest." He lets out a yawn and rubs his eyes.
"Sorry ehn. You should get time to rest. Do you want to go eat lunch with me when it's time."
"You just said it yourself Beersheba. I need rest and lunch is like the best time I have for it."
"That's it again. You're doing it again. Don't be like this na. How many minutes will you spend on eating. Or will that affect your sense of reasoning too?"
"I don't know. I might want to use that time to relax my nerves."
"You can always do that after eating. I will be waiting for you in my office. Oh! Don't worry, I will just come over here and we'll go together."
"No no! You head over. Call me when you get there. The members of staff have a lot to say already."
"Who cares? See you at lunch." She says and stretches to pat his head. He gives her an amused look and shakes his head as she leaves the office.
He immediately picks up his mobile phone and dials a number. The line goes without response and he tries again. The pastor picks up this time.
"Good morning sir."
"Brother Zechariah! How are you doing?"
"I'm fine sir."
"We bless God. How is work too? Hope there is no problem?"
"Work is fine sir. Everything is okay. How is mummy too and Nkem?"
"They are doing well. I saw Mama at the women service yesterday. Sent my regards through her."
"Maybe she forgot. I have something to tell you sir."
"I'm all ears."
"I need confirmation on a marriage proposal."
"Really? Yours?"
"Yes sir."
"Did you propose before getting confirmation?"
"No sir. She proposed."
"Really? Wow! I will talk to God and give you feedback. And I trust that you're not committing this to me alone."
"Not at all sir. I have been praying since then. I have not heard anything though."
"Are you sure? Maybe he is saying something but you're not listening. Try to take breaks from work and pay more attention to God."
"I will sir."
"Do take care of yourself."
"And you too sir. My regards to everyone at home."
"It is well. Bye!"
The line goes off and he drops the phone on the table. He rearranges the table and folds up some documents. He places his head on the table and drifts off to sleep.

This one brother Zechariah has started avoiding Beersheba. And now, the higher authorities have been informed 😊😊, God is sure going to talk to us soon I hope. The part about the staff having a lot to talk about is sure funny. I mean, that's a typical Nigerian setting. What's Nigeria without it😂😂😂, we must see and talk sha. Though it's not more of a Christian like behavior. God will assist us sha. So that's it for chapter 23 my people 😍😍. Two updates in one night, I know you love me 💖💖😀. This chapter is dedicated to Jesus-girl sis💖, thanks so much for being here. Announcement!!! She's bro Zechariah's girlfriend oo, nobody should tell Beersheba though. We don't her being skinned alived😂😂. Yours in Ink; Bethel ™