20

A loud horn blared outside making the members of the Chuks household discomfited for a while. The horn goes again and Jael decides to check who it is. She opens the gate and see a blue Ferrari 296 GTB packed just beside the gate. The tinted glass window rolls down and she meets the excited face belonging to Beersheba.
"It's you?" She questions lifting up her right eyebrow.
"Good morning." Beersheba starts beaming with smiles. "How are you doing?"
"I'm fine. You?"
"I'm feeling great. Where's Zechariah?"
"Inside. You're here for him?"
"Well.... Yes. I felt it would be great if we left for work together."
"Okay. Will you come in?" Jael offers.
"Sure." She gets off the car and dusts off imaginary dirt from her green turtle neck gown complimented with black Nike sneakers.
'So much for being the GMD of a clothing company.' Jael thinks and leads her into the house.
They enter into the living room to meet curious stares from Mrs Chuks. She gives Beersheba a once over look before the latter goes on her knees to greet her.
"Good morning ma."
"Good morning my dear. How are you doing?"
"I'm fine ma."
"Please have your seat." The elderly woman says and points to the cream couch behind Beersheba. The young lady takes her seat and looks round the house before returning her gaze to Jael who is now whispering something to their mother.
"Where's he?"
"Eating. Let me call him." She says and makes to go to Zechariah's room before their mother stops her.
"Haba! Do you have to go to his room before you call him? You can always call him from here, abi?"
Jael gives her a look and shakes her head in negative.
"I will go and call him inside."
"Mchteew." Mrs Chuks hisses and clears her throat. "Zechariah! Zechariah!"
"Mama, I'm coming." He replies from inside.
"You have a guest o." She concludes and faces Beersheba again. "So my dear, how did you get to know my son?"
"We walk in the same place ma."
"Ehn ehn. Are you his secretary?"
"No ma. I'm a worker in the same place. Not his secretary."
"Okay. His he a good person at work?"
"Mama why all these questions? It's not like you need them for anything." Zechariah complains coming into the living room dressed in a aqua green shirt and black suit. He looks over to Beersheba and she smiles at him, he grins and looks at his mother.
"What's with the questions ma?"
"I can't ask my daughter in law questions again?"
"Excuse me...." Zechariah starts.
"You can ma. I'm open for all questions." Beersheba says.
Zechariah and Jael give themselves a look at turn to look at Beersheba. Zechariah clears his throat, "We'll love to leave now. Can we go?"
"Sure. I will see you later ma. Do take care of yourself."
"I will my dear. And you too. Bye bye oo." Mrs Chuks replies putting on a smile.
Zechariah almost pushes Beersheba out of the house as he nudges her with his briefcase. He doesn't even remember to wave Jael bye as he annoyingly leaves the house. They get into the car and Zechariah settles for the owner's corner at the back side. Beersheba looks at him curiously and gets into the driver's space. She sets the car into motion and starts a conversation.
"What is wrong with you?"
"Nothing."
"Oh please. Don't tell me that. You're looking like this and you're telling me nothing. Talk na."
"I'm okay, okay?"
"If you say so. But I know you're not yourself. It's fine if you don't want to talk to me. I sincerely didn't want to come in oo, but I had no option when Jael invited me in." She tries to explain.
"I didn't ask you, did I?"
"Really? I just said sorry na. Besides what about our matter?"
"When did we have a matter?"
"Seriously? The proposal na. Won't you give me a response?"
"I thought you mentioned giving me time?" Zechariah says giving her a grim look.
"Yes actually. But I can't wait too much too. Just one week oo."
"Is that a joke? One week? I need to pray na."
"I'm sorry. But all I have is one week. Thanks so much."
Zechariah just gives her a look and shakes his head as she concentrates on driving humming a song.

Family 💃💃💃💃. Let me tell you a secret, you want to know it right? I love you 💕. Like a lot ooo 💃☺️. Thanks so much for sticking to Choice. Infact I might bro Zechariah fall in love with you sef, 😂😂😂😂. It's like you want Beersheba to kill me abi, me wey no get mind😂😂😂. Like seriously, Beersheba just gave our handsome specimen a week ultimatum oo. This kind love sef, like seriously 😺😺, when it's not a leave notice that you have one week to leave the house 😂😂. This chapter is dedicated to Esthertaydaddy and Maarryyama thanks so much for the votes. You're so much appreciated 💟💟.

My people, we all are sure complaining about the issue here in our country, but I feel the need for us to take a step. That step is prayer. We need to pray for this country, let's say this, "Lord pass through this country." That word with all the sincerity and faith in you can make God rise up to do something about our country. It is well with Nigeria, by God's grace it is. Do take care of yourself 💌 and remember that Christ loves you, like a lot a lot 💖❣️❣️. Enjoy your sleep.

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™