41

"I'm nervous." Zechariah confesses holding the hem of his wine colored damask material senator styled shirt and pulling it as if to get more ventilation. He looks at a smile Stella as she holds his right hand in her hands and give it a slight rub.
"Don't be. My brother can't bite you can he?"
  "I know he can't. But you know how elderly people are with tribal differences." He says looking up at the ceiling.
  "Look here." She urges and makes him look at her.
"His wife is an Hausa lady and our parents didn't even give them any issue since she's the will of God for him. And now that they're dead, I know he won't give us any issue too. Just be yourself." She says and pulls his cheeks.
  He gives her a smile and leans in to pull her cheek too. She laughs and the moment is interrupted by the arrival of a little girl who runs up to Stella closely followed by two identical boys.
  "Auntie Stella!" The children shout and the little girl collapses on her laps.
  "Zahra!" She beams at the little girl. Zahra shifts her gaze to Zechariah and stretches out her right hand.
"Good afternoon sir."
"Hello little girl."
"My name is Zahra."
  "My name is Zechariah."
"Are you my aunt's husband?"
  Stella and Zechariah exchange glances before one of the boys chips in.
"Yes. Mummy said she's coming with her husband today."
"I didn't ask you Peniel." Zahra retorts and looks back at Zechariah as if demanding an answer.
"Well, we're not yet married."
  "Why?"
"We're waiting for daddy's approval. So when he tells us to go ahead we will." He answers now carrying her on his leg.
"Your Dad?" She asks confused.
  "No. Your Dad."
"Then why did you call him Dad?"
  "That's because he's going to be my dad too. Once he gives us his approval."
  "Oh!" She nods her head and looks at her Aunt. "I like him. Really much." She gushes and places her head on his chest.
  Zechariah then reaches out to the side of the couch they are on and pulls out a shopping bag. He nods at the other twin and the boy instead pushes Peniel forward.
"No you." Zechariah insists before he then stands up collects the bag and prostrates.
"Thank you sir."
"You're welcome. That's for you and your siblings."
"You got them a gift?" A voice interrupts and they all look up to behold Mr Olaonipekun, a tall lanky man with exactly the same features as Stella approaching the television set. Zechariah immediately gets up and down to prostrate in greeting.
"Good afternoon sir."
"Oh please stand up. How are you doing?"
Now on his seat, "I'm fine sir. Did I meet you well too?"
"All glory be to God. I'm fine as well. Sorry my wife isn't around to welcome you well."
  "It's no problem sir."
"And thanks for the gift. You don't know the gravity of what you just did for this children oo. They might come over to your place if they don't see you in a week."
  "Ah ah. I think I love that idea."
Mr Olaonipekun suddenly turns to look at the children and they all leave the living room. He then turns to Zechariah who adjusts his sitting position and looks at Stella for a while.
  "So, I have agreed that you two marry each other. I'm sure you're expecting the usual routine of who are you? What's your father's name? Where do you work? But no, I already asked about you from the holy Spirit and I know you are the one."
"Thanks so much sir." Zechariah appreciates and prostrates once again.
   "Thanks Dad." Stella goes to hug him. He gives her a pat on the back and she remains beside him as she turns to face Zechariah.
  "I don't beat my wife so I don't expect her to get beaten. She's my third born and I treat her like the Apple of my eyes. Since our parents died I have been the father and my wife the mother."
"Be rest assured sir."
"It is well with you two." He says and then rises up to his feet.
"I was prepared a sermon before your arrival. Make yourself comfortable."
"Thanks sir."
"Stella make him a meal. The children will join you soon." He goes into the room and Stella goes to sit beside Zechariah.
  He pulls her to himself and gives her a kiss on the forehead. The moment is once again interrupted by the children.

So family members are just so understanding 😁😁. I love Mr Olaonipekun already. Zahra is just so cute 😚😚 I love her already and they love Zechariah too. There's a difference between fear and respect. Some other kids when they see their father or mother they immediately disappear. It's bad oo. Please let's note abeg🙏🙏. Thanks for sticking to Choice. Please vote 🌟 comment and share ❤️❤️

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™