17

"You see him, he just got to our workplace about two months ago. Just about two months oo." A dark lady standing at the reception session says just as Zechariah walks in dressed in the company's vest, blue trousers and black Nike sneakers.
"Really? I thought he had been here for about two years judging by the relationship he has with the G.M.D." Another lady says as she first goes over to talk to the security guard giving him a tip too.
"See him giving the security guard a tip. And he's only spending our company's money oo. Just imagine?" The first lady says again. Another lady joins them and picks up the attendance file. Almost immediately, the ladies keep quiet and pretend to face their work.
"Where are the files? And what were you two whispering about?"
"Nothing." The ladies chorus and look at each other in the face.
"And you want me to believe that? That's your problem anyways. And you girls had better take time people are watching you oo. It's only when you do well that you can get promoted to the post of a secretary. If you don't, you might be let go or just forgotten here. So take time." She advises and looks up to see Zechariah walking in their direction.
"Mr Zechariah!"
He turns back to look at her and smiles in acknowledgement.
"How are you doing?"
"I'm doing well sir. Good morning sir." She greets. The others ladies are forced to greet him and he responds them just as if he heard all they were discussing all along.
"I just wanted to say that you look really nice this morning."
"Thanks so much Lara. You look beautiful too." Zechariah returns the compliment.
"That's enough reason to be all smiles throughout today."
"That's nice. Do have a beautiful day." He wishes and resumes his walk.
"You too sir." Just as he goes beyond ear reach, she turns to the ladies dressed in black skirt and black pencil skirt, "See correct husband material. Even if he wants to marry me without paying bride price I will say yes." She fawns and cross checks the attendance again.
"You guys should have a nice day."
"Yes ma." The ladies chorus once again and she turns to leave.
"Shameless thing. She wants to eat the remains of her boss's feast. Is that not so?" The dark lady starts.
"Remains like how? I don't think anything like that is going on oo. I only feel like he's close friends with her. And if anyone is using anyone here he should be the one. But then, I heard he's a Christian."
"Issh. Let them keep deceiving you. Have you heard? Christian my foot. All of us we see it when she gets pregnant for him." She ends with a hiss and returns to her work.

Laughter flows without stoppage from Sheba's lips as she shakes her head and wipes a lone tear away from her eyes due to excessive laughter. Zechariah on the other hand just shakes his head and gets busy with a file.
"You and work ehn. Work will not kill you. If you mistakenly die they will say it's life struggle, they won't know that it's signing documents that killed you." She teases him still laughing.
"Is it affecting you?"
"Yes oo."
"Besides, I came here for something else." She drops two invitation cards on the table. He picks them up and goes through them.
"Why are you giving me this specially? Aren't the staff entitled to it? And why two?"
"Entitlement ni." She bursts out laughing. "Only a few important persons are invited. Besides, it's not for you. Give one to Dunsin and his wife. The second one is for Jael, tell her to bring a friend." She explains.
"My own nko?"
"You're going as my date. So no need for an invitation card."
"And you didn't see the need to ask for my opinion before deciding?"
"It's not like you're going to say no now."
"Who said I can't?"
"Oya please. Please now....." She whines holding on to his left hand.
"Fine fine." He raises up his hands in mock surrender. "Since it's on Saturday, I have to pick out something to wear tomorrow. What should I wear?"
"It's a native party actually. You might want to inform them for me. So please put on your traditional attires. Father decided to celebrate his sixtieth birthday with a taint of traditionality this year. So, here we are."
"Oh. Okay then. It's fine. I will do something about it."
"Look nice oo. I might have to introduce you to a lot of people." She states pouring herself a cup of Lipton drink.
"Fine fine. I can see myself getting tired already."
"Unserious boy."
"Shey you know I'm not your mate sha?"
"It's just two years bro. Calm your balls." Sheba says sipping the drink. Zechariah stares hard at her and she starts to laugh again. He shakes his head again and resumes his work.
"Workaholic!"

Awwwn ❣️. This is getting serious. Can you see what I am seeing👀👀. What do you think about Lara? The ladies? Sheba's new mood with Zechariah? What do you think about the party? How do you think it's going to look like??? You can drop ideas ooo😊😊. It's allowed 💃💃💃💃. And this chapter is dedicated to adeolaabigailife5 sis ❤️. You're sincerely appreciated, omo her votes and comments are back to back and she's really encouraging. Her book is starting soon. Will let you know when it's out😊😊. Thanks so much for the love 🖤💝, that's the third update for today as promised. I just noticed we started this week on a beautiful scale. Let me try to update double chapters throughout the week. Let's go there 😉😉.
Please vote 🌟
Comment
Share
Have a beautiful week ahead 💟. Love you 💕
Yours in Ink; Bethel ™