23

"From the foregoing therefore, if anybody has any reason why Beersheba Jacobs and Zechariah Chuks should not be joined in holy matrimony, such a person should mention it now. If there is none, let everybody remain silent on this marriage forever." A pastor dressed in black suit and blue shirt says looking up to the congregation gathered in the big church auditorium painted cream and green. He looks around for a while and then turns to face Beersheba dressed in an organza material floor length ball gown with a one shoulder neckline, a silver crown, silver heels and bearing a bouquet of orange and green flowers.
"Do you engage this man in marriage so that both of you will live together according to God's order on marriage? Will you love him, honor him,counsel him and nurse him in all circumstances? Will you reject all other men and cleave to him alone as long as you both shall live?"
With a lasting smile on her face, she nods in positive before speaking into the microphone, "Yes, I do."
The pastor then turns to face Zechariah dressed in a velvet material tint orange three piece suit, white turtleneck and brown leather lace up shoes. "Do you engage this woman in marriage so that both of you live accordingly to God's order on marriage? Will you love her, honor her, counsel her, and nurse her in all circumstances? Will you reject all other women and cleave to her alone as long as you both shall live?"
Zechariah looks at her lovingly making her blush, "Yes, I do."
A flood of claps rent the auditorium as the bridal train claps and rejoices in excitement.
"Who gives this woman's have away in marriage?" The pastor speaks up again. Chief Jacobs stands up from his seat at the front and refolds the arm of this green guinea material agbada. He walks over to give her right hand to the minister who in turn hands her over to Zechariah. As he holds her right hand, he looks in her eyes and pledges as he says following the directives of the minister, "I, Zechariah Chuks accept you Beersheba Jacobs as my wife today,to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for better for worse, in plenty and in lack, according to the will of God till death do us part, for this I give unto you my truth."
Beersheba then picks up his right hand and gives her own pledge, "I, Beersheba Jacobs accept you Zechariah Chuks as my husband today, to have and to hold,to love and to cherish, for better for worse,in plenty and in lack, according to the will of God,till death do us part, for this I give you my truth."
The pastor then blesses the Union and the marriage certificate is soon signed and presented to them as they lovingly hug each other before they get distracted. The wedding procession starts as they dance out of the hall.

A tired Zechariah opens the door his left arm held gingerly by Beersheba. They're in different outfits now, Beersheba now rocks an aqua green sequins material mermaid style gown with an off the shoulder neckline and the same silver heels she used earlier. Zechariah leads the way to the room and pulls off the aqua green bow tie and the white shirt before proceeding to remove the aqua green trousers leaving a blue nicker underneath. He goes over to Beersheba who is not sitted at the edge of the bed pulling off her shoes. He assists her and she smiles before laying on the bed. He takes the shoes alongside his own to the iron rack placed adjacent the wardrobe. Returning to the bed, he gives his wife a kiss on the forehead before kissing her lips. Beersheba kisses him back and he proceeds to unzip her dress before she holds his hand and shakes her head in negative.
"Is anything the matter?"
"Well, yes." She responds taking a sitting position.
"What is that? Tonight is our wedding night remember? It's supposed to be a consummation period for us."
"Well I don't think that will be possible."
"Are you that tired? We can always do it tomorrow." He suggests and tries to pull her close. She however wriggles out of his hold and shakes her head in the negative.
"Don't you get?" She asks. "I'm trying to say that I'm not performing any sexual wifely duties."
"Excuse me?"
"Not only tonight but forever."
"Why?"
"That's my business."
"Well, it's mine too."
"No it's not."
"What about having kids then? Won't we have children?"
"We can always adopt. Besides I never discussed having children with you, did I? See let's just see this stuff as a contact. You needed a woman and I needed a man. Simple!"
"Beersheba! Did you just call our marriage, stuff?"
"It's better off if you use contract."
"Are you for real?"
"Do I look like I'm joking? And I will appreciate it if you can respect yourself being married to you doesn't mean that I can't sue for rape oo. Don't try me." She warns and pulls off her dress before moving to the center of the bed. She adjusts the pillow and settles to sleep. Mouth agape, he stares at her and looks downward at himself then looks at the dress he just pulled off. He shakes his head and places it between his palms.
"I didn't bargain for this Lord. I really didn't. Where exactly did I miss it?" He says as a lone tear rolls down his left cheek.

What just happened 🤷. I don't know too. Congratulations bro Zechariah 💃💃💃, they have gotten married oo. I'm sure someone sure feels like slapping the daylight out of me. Don't be too annoyed ehn, I'm still your girl, you gats to keep on managing me naa ni😁😁. How's everything at your side, here in Nigeria everyone is on their toes, it is well in Jesus name. Do take care of yourself and have a lovely day.
Please vote 🌟, comment and share. This chapter is dedicated to myself ❣️❣️. Babe gotta celebrate herself too💌💌. Thanks for sticking to Choice.