27

He struggles and struggles turning and twisting with tears in his eyes before he finally succeeds in opening his eyes. Zechariah jumps up with a start and looks around his environment before recognition dawns on him, "It's a dream!" He shouts and jumps. Immediately he goes on his knees not minding if anyone could come in at this time, he lays flat on the tiled floor and begins to turn around. It's a dream. Thank you Lord! You really didn't allow all that to happen to me. Thank you so much Lord! I can't express how happy and lucky I am enough. Lord....." He trails off tears filling his eyes in quick successions. He stands up from the floor and wipes his tears with a white handkerchief he picks from the table. His phone beeps aloud almost immediately and a message comes in from the pastor. He double taps on the notification and the message comes to display, 'Good afternoon brother. I'm sorry I didn't want to call because I don't know how busy you will be at the office. I haven't even started praying when I received an answer. She's not from God. Please give an outright no!' Yours in spirit; Pastor.'
He gives a sigh of relief before typing a reply, 'This is a confirmation sir. Thanks sir.'
He looks up to heaven as if to communicate with God when the blaring of his ringtone draws him back to the phone. It's Ronke.
"Good afternoon dear." He greets.
"Bestie. How are you doing?" She asks.
"I'm not too fine."
"You're sick?"
"Something like that." He affirms.
"And you haven't used anything I guess."
"What I can use right now is not within my reach."
"Oh. Please take care till you get it."
"I will. So you just decided to hear my voice today abi what?" He teases.
"Better don't deceive yourself. I have a message for you joor."
He braces himself and sits upright.
"From?"
"Biggest Daddy!" That was what they all call him. Zechariah, Dunsin and Ronke. They call God their biggest father.
"I'm all ears."
"Yeah. I don't know how this will sound in your ears but I just received a message that that lady isn't from God. Infact if you screen her patiently, she's nothing close to a believer."
"Wow! It's sounding perfect in my ears actually."
"Really? This you see something before?"
"It's the third confirmation. Thanks so much dear."
"Anytime bro. Will you be dropping by?"
"Erm.... Maybe. Will call you after work sha." He responds.
"Okay then. Till then."
"Take care." The line drops and he puts his hands together and lifts up his eyes.
"Thank you Lord. I really don't know what I will do without you. You are my rock and substance Lord. Hallowed be thy name." He worships and resumes work.

After about thirty five minutes, a knock goes at the door and the door opens without forewarning. Beersheba comes in in her dress from earlier and sits on the chair.
"Are you almost done?" She asks sending him a look from the chaise lounge.
"No. I still have a lot of work to do infact."
"You promised me lunch remember?"
"I didn't Beersheba. You suggested lunch and even though I gave reasons why I am not chanced you decided to force me to it."
"Really? Okay. At least I forced you to it so just follow up with the plan. It's not like you're doing any special or very important."
"My work is sure important Beersheba. I won't have to degrade it like that."
"Then come to lunch with me. That stuff you're working on is still coming to my table. I can always cover up for you. So let's just go."
"Is there anything else to this lunch Beersheba? I might have to think that you have a plan to kill me and bury my body with the way you're so persistent about it. I just said I'm no longer interested. Fine!"
"It's not fine." She shouts and stands up. "It's not fine Zechariah. I'm offering to relieve you of your strenuous duty and here you are doing like something else. What ever made me suggest that lunch sure deserves to be thrashed. The painful part is that I even had to waste my father's money just to rent out a restaurant for us." She shouts and flares up throwing her hands around.
"Rent out a restaurant? What for?" Zechariah asks.
"None of your business." She snaps and walks out of the office leaving the door open behind her. Zechariah stares at her departing figure and his lips do a happy stretch curving into a smile.
"First battle won! Thanks Lord!" He jubilates and returns to his work.

Don't stone me oo. I can see the stones raised high up in a bid to hit me. I'm sorry for the suspense but it sure kept everyone on their toes. I can see @jesusgirl screaming right now😂😂😂😂. No vex ehn. That's how the spirit led. It's nice though 😊, right? So what do you think? I feel like it's the start of battles for Zechariah oo. Beersheba will give him hot hot 🔥🔥. This chapter is dedicated to DeliaKay1912
Thanks once again ma'am 😊. Please check out her book, My child. Sandra is keeping something that we all don't know. Me sef I'm personally confused bayii 🤔, she went out, she........ Oya go and check the remaining yourself 😁😁. Do have a beautiful day ahead 💟

Yours in Ink; Bethel ™