11

"I'll alight here." Zechariah says and the taxi driver brings the blue and white vehicle to a stop by the road side. Zechariah stretches a #200 note to him and he returns a #100 note.
"Your balance."
"Ah! No oo. Keep it sir. Thanks sir." Zechariah bows curtly and opens the door.
"Ah! Thanks so much my son. I really am overjoyed. God will open doors and doors for you in Jesus mighty name. Thanks ehn." The elderly man obviously in his mid fifties beams with smiles and speeds off. Zechariah goes over to the black Italian gate and opens it. People are not too okay in this our country. Still yet, some people are in charge of this money. He drifts from his thoughts and goes over to the store building painted sky blue and white. He goes to the door by the left hand side of the house belonging to Dunsin and knocks the door.
"Who is there?" A voice calls out from inside.
"Abeg, come and open this door joor. Don't let me collapse here."
"So it's you." The door opens and a dark, lanky manly figure dressed in a blue tee and black trousers appears. The two slap hands in a patterned fashion and Dunsin leads the way into the house.
Zechariah settles into a wine colored suede clothed couch and relaxes his back on the armrest.
"Babe!" He calls out and picks up the remote on the stool beside the couch. He looks up as his best friend comes to sit adjacent him. He tunes the television to 'Emmanuel Tv' and sits properly this time.
"Where's she?"
"She's dressing up. She was just bathing when you knocked the other time."
"Oh. I think I have settled my case abi?"
Dunsin lets out a chuckle and smirks at Zechariah. "I don't know oo. You people know how you do your thing. You didn't inform me did you?"
Zechariah responds with a murderous glare making Dunsin throw back his head in a long bout of laughter. Almost immediately, a fair, average height, model shaped lady comes into the living room dressed in a blue flowered material fitted gown. She walks over to Zechariah and he stands up to receive her.
"Boyfiie....." She hugs him and he pats her head. "Thought I told you to stop doing that." She complains her lips forming a kettle pout.
"Really? Wow! I will try to remember that next time." He whines and takes his seat.
"So how are you? I have missed you."
"Missed you too babe. I'm doing well."
"Are you really doing well? What's going on exactly, at home I mean."
Dunsin interrupts.
"You see bro, everything is just... I don't even know. I'm just appreciating the Holy Spirit for the spirit of patience he gifted me. Like, I have never been frustrated to the point of replying her words. You see ehn, I missed my interview that day I was meant to come here...."
"What? You missed an interview? No nau! Mama has gone too far." A concerned Ronke lets out her thoughts.
"My love ehn, all thanks be to God. He has answered my prayers or should I say he is answering my prayers."
"Really?"
"Ope ooo!" The couple chorus immediately.
"It's that lady isn't it?" Dunsin asks.
"Yes. Went to see her dad sha. Said he would get back to me. I'm optimistic about it."
"Don't worry ehn. It is done." Dunsin assures.
"AMEN!!!" The duo of Zechariah and Ronke chorus and Ronke stands up immediately.
"What will you eat?" She asks him.
"Erm.... You see ehn, what happened is that I have eaten."
Questioning eyes fall on him immediately. He looks up at both of them, "This one you guys are looking at me like this. I just had to appreciate her for her assistance by agreeing to have lunch with her. That's all."
"That's not all ooo." Dunsin notes.
"Me sef I was about to talk because nobody asked for explanation and you're already saying everything." Ronke chips in.
"No now, babe."
"Leave me oo. They have want to snatch you from me. It's okay though, it's highly allowed. It's one of the things I'm praying for." Ronke gives him a toothed smile and winks at him. He switches his gaze and faces the television. She goes over to him and tickles him, "Who are you forming for? Smile joor." He tries so much to keep in his laughter but looses it when Dunsin joins in the play. He bursts out laughing hard.
"When it happens, sha tell us let us fire with prayers." Dunsin says.
"Noted boss!" Zechariah responds still laughing hard.

Hello family 🤩. Look who is back 💃💃💃💃💃. I'm sorry I didn't update for a long time, it has not been easy people. Using my mom's mobile, no light, no data, everything everything. But a thanks be to God. My people ehn, you see, if you need something tell God oo. I'm sorry about this. Tell him, he knows how to get it through to you. So, brother Zechariah is on his way to fulfilling his dreams, looks like it actually ☺️. Please vote, comment and share. That's what makes your contribution noticed 😊😊. Thanks 💕.

This chapter is dedicated to Whandoo for being the first people to comment on this book. Please check out her book, it's muah 💋