25

"Like I knew you were not going to believe me. I'm serious about this Dunsin. I can't leave the house with any car despite having four. We don't sleep on the same bed......."
"She stopped you from sleeping on your matrimonial bed?"
"No actually. I stopped myself because I couldn't control myself. I can't just bear to see my wife looking all radiant and I can't even touch her. She practically warned me not to try doing anything because she sure is going to sue me for rape." Zechariah further explains to Dunsin.
"Rape ke? Ah ah! Is this the same Beersheba we all know?" A surprised Dunsin asks.
"Know ke? Please that should be knew oo. Nobody not even myself knows her at the moment. It's just like she was living on a borrowed character the other time. Talk about me being surprised. I'm just thankful for the patience God blessed me with."
"Wow! I really am sorry about that bro. I will keep praying for you. It is well."
"I hope it is. It's not easy bro. Like I still don't know where I get this strength to hold on from. The situation can be frustrating at times."
"Don't lose faith. I will tell Ronke when she gets back. And please don't do something rash like beating her or something."
"You know I can't do such. Thanks so much bro. My resume to her. Bye."
"Sure. Take care."
The line goes off and Zechariah opens the door to his room and goes out of the room. He hears the main day open and he hurries downstairs. He meets his wife holding a green Hermes Kelly model bag and dropping it on the couch before taking a seat too. She unties the lace on the white Nike Air Force sneakers she has on and removes it leaving her socks covered feet. He walks up to her and puts on a smile.
"How are you doing?"
"Fine."
"How was the meeting?"
"Fine."
"No details?"
"None of your business." She scoffs and goes into the kitchen. She returns minutes later with a plate filled with diced plantains.
"Can I say something?"
"You already are."
"Okay. So I wanted to ask if you were less busy tonight."
"I don't have time for dates. I had a busy day." She munches on the plantains.
"We're not going on a date. I mean yes we should go on a date but not tonight. We have a spiritual date instead."
"Which one is spiritual date again?"
"Like.... A moment with God. Our own personal vigil."
"Egbami oo(save me). You and who wants to do personal vigil? Besides didn't you just call it personal? Then do it yourself."
"You don't understand dear. What I'm saying is that I want us to talk to God about this marriage of ours. I can't do it alone because we're in it together. Besides the Bible says that where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am with them. So when we join hands to pray God will hear us on time and better."
"Okay. Let's say I want to agree, does it have to be a vigil? Remember I said let's say oo. I still have to debate on this."
"We can do it in the morning too. It's just that vigils are the best ways of connection."
"That's your wahala anyway. Wait sef, you used to do vigil before we got married right?"
"Every week."
"So how come your father didn't tell you that you shouldn't get married to something like me? He didn't remember to tell you that I will be a bone in your throat abi? You this blind Christian. Pray in the money in the afternoon and do vigil still you got married to an unbeliever. Shame on you. Better use that vigil to tell your God to return your sight to you."
"Beersheba....."
"Don't call me please. I didn't force you to marry me did I? Be careful oo. That's my own." She grabs her bag and turns to go.
"And don't even think of hosting any vigil this night oo. If you try it, I will show you pepper. You see ehn, the days of praying and hosting vigils are over. This is my house and I dictate orders. You do contrary, you leave." She storms up the stairs leaving him standing.

Blind Christians wake up ooo. Tell God to restore your sight before something bad happens. It's not too late to go back though. This chapter is dedicated to @Eternela Happy birthday ma💌❣️❣️. Long life is assured 💗.