21

The clanks of spoons resound in the dining room as everyone is busy savouring the meal of fried rice and beef. A train of spoons move to the mouths ready to swallow their contents and return empty. Zechariah pushes his almost empty plate to Jael who gives him a smile as he takes a cup of water and stands on his feet.
"Eat well now. Ah ah!" Mrs Chuks says looking up from her meal.
"I'm filled Mama. I'm not that hungry too." He replies and makes to leave.
"Don't yet go oo." Their mother speaks up again. "Sit down let us talk about an important matter."
He takes his seat and looks at her eager to hear what she has to say.
"So, you and your brother how well do you talk?"
"Ma?" The young men chorus and look at each other before turning to look at their mother.
"You people heard me oo. And better start talking well because I have started my own plans already."
"What plans?" Jael asks taking a glass cup to her lips.
"Was I talking to you? That's how it starts. You will now go to your husband's house and be saying the things you are not meant to. Mchteew." Mrs Chuks concludes with a hiss and turns back to look at the boys.
"I'm sorry ma."
"That's your own anyways. So you boys should better start your own plans too. I feel like you should get married on the same day. What do you think?"
"I think that it's not possible." Zechariah says.
"Why?"
"Getting married on the same day is only possible if we are both ready for it."
"Really? So what is stopping you?"
"We all know that I don't have a wife. Again, Zephaniah has been preparing for his wedding for a while now. So I ought not to stop their plan with my unreadiness."
"You don't have a wife or what did you say? What happened to that lady that came here three days ago? What's her name oo... Ehn ehn! Beersheba. What happened to her?"
"Who said anything about her being my wife? We're not even into a relationship. We're just friends oo. Nothing more." Zechariah tries to explain. He looks at Jael for help and she shrugs before leaving the table.
"Ah ah! This is how you people lose potential wives oo. You will not bring one girl that is not useful into this house. That girl is hundred yards wife material believe me when I tell you."
Zechariah chuckles and looks at his mother, "Are you saying this because she sent you something? Oh please! You don't even know her like I do......"
"What exactly is there to know? Tell me oo. What I know is that you boys are getting married on the same day. Period!" The elderly woman concludes and leaves the table. A bewildered Zechariah looks at his twin and the latter gives him a nonchalant look.
"You should have just let her assume."
"Well, my truthfulness won't let me."
"You had better do something to that. See you around." Zephaniah says and goes to the door. He sends his brother a wave as he gets to the door and Zechariah nods in acknowledgement.
"Really?" Zechariah says as Zephaniah leaves the house. "It's not like I told her anything oo. See what this lady caused sef."
"Zechariah!" A voice calls out and he turns back to see his father clad in a black round neck and brown trousers.
"Let's talk." The old man says and turns back to go into his room. Zechariah follows his lead and heads into the room. He goes in and meets his father sitted on the bed. He pats the space beside him and Zechariah moves to sit beside him.
"What is this thing I hear from your mother about a wife and all?"
"Nothing actually. There's this lady at work. She helped me with the appointment actually and we're friends. So she wants a relationship and Mama overhead while I told Jael. She thinks I like her too and that we should get married. I'm yet to pray about it though."
"Oh. What do you think about her naturally?"
"She's beautiful. But she's proud a little rude too. She doesn't seem like a Christian at least not a deep one." Zechariah notes and his father nods in acknowledgement.
"Have you told the pastor?"
"Not yet."
"Tell him and your friends too. Dunsin is sure a spiritual person. I will pray along with you too. "
"Thanks Dad." He prostrates and his father gives him a pat on the back.

That joy you have when you have family members that understand you. Mrs Chuks oo😂😂😂😂, this woman is a special character ehn. Like..... The idea is okay though and who else noticed that she now relates with Zechariah better than before. All because of wife bayii 😊😊. This chapter is dedicated to BUW4_SH4R0N for being such an amazing reader and follower💋💋. Thanks so much for the reads, votes and comments. I really can't appreciate you enough 😍😍. Thanks once again 💌.

So family, tomorrow is the election, the presidential one actually. It is well. Don't forget to pray for Nigeria oo and stay safe too. Take care of yourself, don't go out and say you want to check the outcome of that fight in your street oo👀👀😂😂. Safety is ours in Jesus mighty name 🙏. Jesus loves you and so do I 💖💖.
Yours in Ink; Bethel ™