I- Nick Fury

May 2nd, 2012

May 2nd, 2012

"Tia, I'm home!" The 16 year old called out as she entered the large apartment.

"I'm in the kitchen Adi!" The 24 year old replied to her sister. She had expected her sister to come running in and start rambling on about her school day but it was silence. Celestia furrowed her eyebrows ready to call out to her sister again but Adrienne had beat her to it.

"Uhm, Tia, there's someone here" Celestia practically ran to the front door to see her sister staring into the room adjacent the entrance. Celestia followed her gaze to find a man with and eyepatch and a long black cloak sitting in her arm chair. Celestia rolled her eyes and pushed her sister's shoulder lightly.

"Go do some homework yeah? You can tell me all about your day during dinner, huh? Including what happened with Rory." Celestia winked at the younger girl while mentioning her latest crush.

Adrienne groaned and mumbled out "asshole" while taking a step away from her sister. Celestia chuckled whilst shoving her sister yet again.

Celestia's smile and laughter immediately ceased as soon as the high schooler was out of ear shot. "Seriously Fury? What's the point of giving me this apartment so I can give Adrienne the normal life she deserves if you're going to keep tabs on me?" Demanded the brunette while moving closer to Fury hoping to block Adrienne from hearing.

"I'm not keeping tabs. I'm just here to present this to you." He stated whilst handing her a file. She sat down on the dark green lounge opening the file. Quickly reading through she scoffed and threw it on the coffee table.

"Seriously? What is that? Another weapon of yours? And why do you think I'll be able to help with whatever you need?" Celestia fumed, rubbing her forehead.

"It's the Tesseract. HYDRA weapon, might've heard it in the same sentence as 'Captain America'" she woman's eyes snapped to Fury, her eyebrows furrowing. "Loki stole it. We need it back. And I know you can help us." She sighed and picked up the file again, flicking through it. She saw a page which made her stop and stare.

"The Avengers? I though the council shut it down?" Celestia questioned, her eyes flickering to Fury, before looking down at the file again, here eyes skimming over names like 'Tony Stark- Iron man' and 'Bruce Banner- Hulk', before landing on 'Natasha Romanoff- Black Widow.'

"They did. I've decided that the Tesseract in Loki's hands is more important than the council's decision." Celestia tore her eyes from the file to look up at Fury, chuckling.

"Rebelling now Fury?" He just stared at her. "Is Natasha Romanoff going to be on the team?" She whispered, staring at the name yet again.

"Yes-" Celestia opened her mouth to interrupt but he didn't let her "but don't let that deter you. Think about Adrienne. Think about the life she deserves. Think about what might happen if Loki ends up in Queens and happens to take a visit to Midtown Highshool." Celestia cleared her throat and rubbed her hands against her thighs before standing up and handing the file back to Fury.

"Fine. When do I need to be there?" She asked while moving towards the front door, ready to get rid of Fury as soon as possible. He stood up and followed the woman stepping into the hallway.

"Tomorrow. 8 AM. Don't be late." He finalised and left. Celestia shut the door and slammed her back against it, sliding down the door and rubbing her face.

**

"Who was that guy?" Adrienne broke the silence before taking a bite of her burger. Celestia, with no bites out of her burger, looked up at Adrienne, and breathed out.

"Um, he's just someone from S.H.I.E.LD" she responded, standing up and taking her sister's plate. Adrienne followed her to the kitchen and stood behind the island.

"What did he want with you? Is it because of what happened a few years ago with your powers?" Celestia, now drying the plate, turned to her sister and sighed.

"Do you think you'll be able to go to one of your friends houses for a few days? Maybe even Rory's place?" She prompted, putting the plate away in a high cupboard. Adrienne's eyes widened as she made her way around the counter.

"I can stay at Rory's house? Really?" The girl giggled out. Her big sister chuckled and ruffled the smaller girls hair.

"If her parents say yes, then yeah, you can." Celestia grinned at her excited sister, who quickly ran to her room yelling 'I'm going to go ask!' Celestia smiling even wider.

As soon as she heard her sister's door shut, she fell against the island, leaning on it. She put her head in her hands and sighed, tears building in her eyes. She quickly wiped her eyes, and made her way to her bedroom.

She found a debriefing package on her bed. She rolled her eyes and whispered "Fury", sat down on her bed and looked through it.