V- The Man In The Mask

Celestia and Steve had gone for a walk around the surrounding area of the VA until it was starting to get dark

Celestia and Steve had gone for a walk around the surrounding area of the VA until it was starting to get dark. That's when they made their way to Steve's motorcycle which had been parked not too far from the Smithsonian. Celestia got on with the promise of 'driving safe and picking my car up in the morning' which Steve obliged to.

Steve had parked just outside of new apartment, helping Celestia get off. They were both just about to walk inside when Celestia's phone rang. She looked down to it. "Sorry, it's Adi. You go up, I'll be there in a minute." He nodded, smiling, before opening the doors and disappearing.

The phone call only lasted for a few minutes, abruptly ending when Adrienne learnt that Celestia was outside of Steve's apartment. Celestia laughed at the girl who hadn't even said goodbye before hanging up. She was just about to go inside, when she looked up to the sky. It was a full moon and the clouds were just about covering the bright light. Celestia's smile dropped for a second when she thought she saw someone on top of a nearby building's roof, but it disappeared just as quickly as it appeared so she just shook it off, making her way inside.

"Well I'll keep my distance." Celestia heard Steve's voice from a couple stairs up. She got to his floor, and saw him talking to a lady, Celestia assumed was his neighbour. 'Kat? Kate?' Celestia wasn't quite sure. "Hopefully not too far." She could hear the smile in the blonde's voice. She half turned, before looking back at Steve.

"Oh, and I think you left your stereo on." Steve turned back as well, his eyes flicking to behind the lady's shoulder, seeing Celestia, smiling. "Oh. Right, thank you." He spoke, looking to his door again. "Yeah." The blonde turned seeing Celestia, her eyes widening. "Oh. Hi. You must be Celestia. I've seen you on the news." She smiled.

Celestia grinned back. 'She seems so familiar." She though to herself. "Oh! I'm Kate." The brunette nodded, smiling and saying. "Hey Kate." Before walking over to apartment number 4, where Steve was waiting at the door for her. They smiled at each other.

They watched Kate walk down the stairs, their smiles dropping. "You didn't leave your stereo on, did you?" Celestia mumbled, looking up to Steve. He shook his head, pressing his ear to the door.

**

Steve opened his window, entering into his kitchen, keeping and arm out to keep Celestia behind him. The music stopped, and they looked at each other. The blond picked up his shield, and started jogging when the music started again. Celestia kept behind him. He looked back at her, before looking past the wall, into his living room.

He sighed, leaning up against the wall after a few moments. "I don't remember giving you a key." Celestia looked past Steve, to see Fury relaxing on his couch. She also sighed. Fury grunts, sitting up. "You really think I'd need one?" Celestia nodded to herself in agreement.