IV- The Scepter

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki's voice came through the monitor, referring to Banner. Said man standing behind Celestia's chair, where she sat staring at the table.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad you did." Fury bites back towards the God.

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is." Loki snaps back, staring into the camera over the words, 'A warm light for all mankind'.

Fury smirks, and walks away while saying, "Well, you let me know if real power wants a magazine or something." Leaving the room.

Loki stares into the camera once more. Banner, breaking the silence, says "He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Celestia chuckles at the obvious sarcasm before Steve says, "Loki's gonna drab this out. So, Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor explained.

"An army. From outer space." Rogers deadpanned. Celestia raised her eyebrows and chuckled at the absurdity of it all. Banner then says, "So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Thor furrows his brows at the name. "Selvig?" he questions. "He's an astrophysicist." Banner elaborates, but Thor responds with, "He's a friend."

"He has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Romanoff inputs (Celestia assumes she's talking about Barton again).

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve says. "I was thinking the exact same thing. And, no offence Captain, but that man is a God. And he just lost to you? I'm not buying it." Celestia agrees.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Banner says while fiddling with his glasses. Celestia also had to agree there.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he's my brother." Thor defends his brother. Romanoff looks up at him, saying "He killed 80 people in two days." Thor hesitates for a second before speaking again, "He's adopted."

"I think it's about mechanics. Iridium..what do they need the Iridium for?" Banner interrupts the conversation.

"It's a stabilising agent." Stark says, walking it, then saying something to Agent Coulson Celestia can't make out, before continuing. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D." He explains while walking past Thor, patting him on the arm, saying "No hard feelings, Point Break. You got a mean swing." Celestia grins at the nickname.