IV- Mjölnir

A knock echoed through the room Celestia occupied at the Avengers Tower

A knock echoed through the room Celestia occupied at the Avengers Tower. She finished putting in her left earring before walking over to the door, opening it.

On the other side was Steve. He wore a grin, his ocean blue eyes sparkling, matching his tight blue shirt. He leant against the doorway, his arms crossed. His eyes raked over her, taking in her red dress which sat just above her knees. He visibly swallowed, before looking back up to her, smiling.

"You ready?" She inhaled, nodding.

"J, can you close the blinds for me?" She asked the AI, only to no response. She furrowed her eyebrows, shooting a questionable look towards Steve, but he shrugged. She walked over, closing them manually, before also turning off the light and exiting the room.

She walked side by side with Steve, in complete silence.

"How have you been?" He broke the silence. She sighed, looking the other way before replying.

"Fine. You?" He took a few seconds to respond.

"Good." She nodded, not saying another word. But, after a few minutes, he broke the silence once more.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you for a few months, but-" Celestia cut him off.

"You know, I actually need to go to the bathroom." She rushed out, already starting to walk away.

"You need me to come?" He asked, taking a few steps towards her.

She shook her head. "Nope. I'm fine. Sam should be down there, right? He probably wants to see you. Bye." She turned, without another word, heading to the closest bathroom.

As soon as she made it, she slammed the door behind her, leaning against the marble counter. She took a few deep breaths, trying to even out her breathing, and stop tears falling. She hated that he still had an effect on her. She felt pathetic. And now that she knew Wanda and Pietro were probably just being nice to her because they were with of Hydra? She felt completely and utterly horrible about herself. They told her that she deserved better than him, but how was she to believe them now?

She composed herself, and wiped a stray tear from her cheek before leaving the bathroom. She entered the elevator, exiting onto the floor where the party was.

She dodged and swerved around people, making her way to the bar straight away. Maria was behind the bar, Rhodey, Tony and Thor on the other side. Maria passed Celestia a bottle of alcohol, not bothering to look at the label before pouring herself a drink.

"But you know the suit can take the weight, right?" Rhodey started, Celestia taking a sip of her drink. "So, I take the tank, fly it up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm, like, 'Boom. You looking for this?'" Maria, Celestia, Thor, and Tony stared at him blankly.

"'Boom. Are you looking for..' why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills." Rhodey complained. Celestia chuckled into her glass, taking another drink.