XIII- The Witch

"So, you can like, summon the dead, huh?" Tony asked Celestia, who was on the other side of the desk where he was tinkering with his suit's arm

"So, you can like, summon the dead, huh?" Tony asked Celestia, who was on the other side of the desk where he was tinkering with his suit's arm. Celestia lightheartedly scoffed, looking at the bowl in front of her, full of blueberries. She had only just walked into the lab 5 minutes ago, after dropping her sister off in another lab with Bruce. She wasn't sure why they needed so many different labs at the Avenger tower.

"Yeah. Sort of. I don't perform some ritual to summon them though, I just sort of make them visible, and able to touch things." She responded. He furrowed his brows, turning the screwdriver he was holding. "So, they're alway there? Like you see them right now?" Celestia but her lip at the question and picked up a few blueberries, before answering.

"Yeah, they're always there, but I don't always see them, although I used to. But because I've learnt to control my powers more, they aren't there as often. When I get drained, or super tired, they're everywhere." She ate a few blueberries after speaking. He nodded his head.

It was silent for a few minutes before Tony broke it once more. "What are you? Some witch?" He grinned. She shook her head in mock annoyance. "Necromancer. But yes, I guess so." She looked up at him, who was full on smiling now. Her eyes widened, "No. No. I know what you're thinking. That is not becoming my superhero name, or whatever. I'm not going to be the Witch, or the Necromancer."

"Why not?" He breathed out while laughing. She rolled her eyes. "Because. It sound so supervillain-y. There's, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and the Witch. Definitely not." Tony slammed the screwdriver down on the table, laughing boisterously now. She also started laughing quietly.

After a few moments Tony spoke once more. "Well, what'll be your name then? You gotta have a superhero name." He grinned at her. "Well, I dunno. Why do I need one?" She wondered, grabbing a few more blueberries, throwing them in her mouth. "You have to have one. It's the rules." He deadpanned.

"Thor doesn't have one. Why would I need one?" She asked, grabbing the screwdriver and fiddling with it. He scoffed, snatching the screwdriver back, and tightening something on his suit once more. "Because he's a literal space god. Duh."

"Yeah, we'll apparently I'm the harbinger of death, so yeah." She said sarcastically, bringing the blueberry bowl closer to her. Tony was silent for a few moments, "Have you spoken to Thor, or anyone, about that yet?" He asked, now sincere. She looked up at the male. She nodded her head. "I haven't spoken to Thor yet, since he's obviously off the planet, but yeah, I've spoken to Steve and Natasha about it." She looked back down at the bowl. Steve, Tony and Natasha were the only ones she had told about what Loki had said a few months prior. She wasn't quite sure why she had told Natasha. She was closest with Tony and Steve, so it was obvious why she had told them, but not Natasha. Maybe she knew Natasha would keep it a secret. Maybe she subconsciously trusted the lady, knowing for sure the trained assassin could take her life, and she had only done so once, on someone else's volition.

Tony hummed, pulling Celestia from her thoughts. "What did they say?" He questioned, reaching over the table picking up a blueberry and putting it in his mouth. She shrugged, "Steve told me not to trust anything Loki said. He said he's a trickster and a liar. Natasha just told me not to worry too much, she said if I really was a 'harbinger of death' it wouldn't matter too much. She said that unless Loki somehow had the power to control me with the sceptre again, the I could worry, but it's pretty unlikely that will happen, soo." She recounted what the two people had told her.

Tony nodded his head slowly, "Well, I hate to agree with him, but Capsicle is right. Loki is nothing but trouble and I wouldn't trust anything he says." Celestia looked up at Tony and smiled. There was silence for a while, only the sound of metal clinking together every few minutes, before Tony gasped.

Celestia shot her head up to look at him. He had his screwdriver pointed to her. "I know your superhero name. Ghost." He waved his hands around towards the end of his sentence for dramatic effect. Celestia furrowed her brows and narrowed her eyes. "No. That's horrible. It still sounds like a villain name." She deadpanned. "Well, it's that or Witch. And if I were you, I'd want it out there what my superhero name was pretty soon, because people are calling you Witch." She sighed at the man who was grinning and shook her head, throwing a blueberry across the table at his head.

He was too quick though, because he caught it in his mouth. He pumped his fist in victory, and laughed mockingly at her. She rolled her eyes, standing up. "I'm going to Pepper. She's better than you." She called out to him, taking the blueberry bowl with her.

"Wait, no, don't take the blueberries!" She heard him distantly call. She rolled her eyes.

She had walked halfway down the hallway, when she heard a ding come from her pocket. She pulled out her phone to see a message.

Captain 🧊
Hello. Do you want me to pick you up from the tower soon?
I have finished at the gym and can be there in 30 minutes.
-Steve

Celestia Cabrera
Nope. Should be good here for a while. And Adi probably
won't want to leave until later, you go home, take a shower.
You can probably come get us in a couple hours. Oh, and
you don't need to sign your name, remember? I know it's you.

Captain 🧊
Okay. See you soon Celestia.

Celestia chuckled at his texting, knowing it would take a while before he'll get used to modern technology, before making her way to the floor above her where Pepper usually was. She watched the elevator doors close in front of her, a smile on her face.

Ghost will return in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I have over 100 reads on this. Like, wow, I thought no one would read it, but thanks so those who did <3 it makes my day to see reads on the chapters
Anyway, I'm not really sure what to do for this. I might do one book for the first couple movies then separate the last few into a different book.