II- Fossil

Celestia leant forward on the seat in the back, middle of the car

Celestia leant forward on the seat in the back, middle of the car. "Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." The woman in front of the brunette teased. Celestia chuckled, looking out the window at the two men.

"That's hilarious." Steve said sarcastically, walking towards the car. The man Steve was with knelt down to look in the car. "How you doing?" He spoke, addressing both women. "Hey." Natasha replied while Celestia gave him a small wave and smile.

"Can't run everywhere." Steve turned to look at the man. Natasha revved the car while the man outside responded to Steve. After a few minutes, driving in silence, Celestia started to chuckle once more.

Steve turned to her. "You better not be laughing at what I think you are." She tried to hold back her smile while looking him in the eyes but couldn't, and burst out laughing. At the sound her her laughter, Natasha also started laughing.

"I'm telling Adrienne you think Nat calling me a fossil is funny." Steve responded, huffing playfully, turning around in his seat to face the front. Celestia's laughter stopped. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me." He turned back once more, a smirk on his face. "You probably wouldn't even know how to call her properly. I don't have anything to worry about." She smirked once more. Natasha started laughing again. "Seriously? I'm not that old." Steve whined, facing the front again. Celestia joined in on Natasha's laughter. "You're 96 grand-pa, pipe down."

**

Natasha, Celestia, Steve, and a S.H.I.E.L.D team were flying over the Indian Ocean. They, along with Rumlow, were facing a screen. He was explaining the mission. "Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Celestia stood in between Steve and Natasha, slotting two batons in the back of her suit, which was now entirely black.

Celestia had recently started using batons as her main weapon, after discovering with Natasha that she was better with hand-to-hand combat. She still had guns on her hip, for emergencies though.

"Any demands?" Steve questioned.

"Billion and a half." Rumlow answered.

"Why so much?" Celestia also questioned the man. He turned to her. "Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D's."

Steve sighed. "So it's not off course. It's trespassing."

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Natasha spoke for the first time in a while.

"You know. I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor."

"Relax Cap, it's not complicated." Celestia looked up to him, grinning.

Steve sighed once more, turning to Rumlow again. "How many pirates?"

"25. Top mercs led by this guy." Rumlow tapped a few things on the screen. "George Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilised him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties." Celestia cringed internally.

"Hostages?" Steve spoke again.

"Uh, mostly techs. Once officer. Jasper Sitwell." Celestia's brain flashed with memories of when she was on the Helicarrier the first time. When they were looking for Loki. She remembered sitting next to the man when he had called out that he had found the God in Germany. She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "They're in the gallery." Rumlow's voice broke Celestia's train of thought.

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Cap spoke to himself. "All right, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you kill the engines and wait for instructions. Cia, help Nat. Keep an ear out in case Batroc gets away." Celestia nodded up at Cap.

"Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get them out. Let's move." Cap ordered.

"S.T.R.I.K.E, you heard the Cap. Gear up." Rumlow spoke to his team.

Nat, Celestia and Cap walked off. Celestia made sure she had extra ammo, and that her batons were secure. "Secure channel seven." She heard from her left.

"Seven secure." Nat answered Cap. "Did you do anything fun Saturday night?" She asked the man, while Celestia was still making sure she was ready to land. "Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so, no, not really." Celestia had the hold back a laugh at that. The hatch on the back of the plane opens, as Natasha begins talking again.

"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes." The brunette was putting her earpiece in when Natasha said that. Her head swung to the red-head, her eyes widening. She just grins at the other woman.

"That's why I don't ask." Cap interrupts the look Celestia was shooting the other woman. Nat looks away, towards Cap. "Too shy, or too scared?"

"Too busy!" Cap calls out behind him, before jumping out of the plane. An agent comes closer to the edge of the plane. "Was he wearing a parachute?" He questioned. Rumlow grinned. "No. No he wasn't."

Celestia hit Nat in the arm as they were putting their parachutes on. "Hey! What was that for?" Nat chuckled rubbing her arm. "You know what it was for." She rolled her eyes lightheartedly. Nat hummed, "No, I don't think I do." Celestia turned to her, shooting her a look, but she just grinned in return.

"Alright, ladies. Get ready to jump." Rumlow patted both women on the back, squeezing, before jumping of the plane. Celestia scoffed and whispered to Nat. "He gives me the creeps." Nat raised her brows, "Same." She agreed.

They looked at each other, and jumped at the same time. When they landed, they walked either side of Cap. "What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kinda nice." Nat spoke to Cap while talking off her parachute.

"Secure the engine room, then find me a date." Cap said while still walking. "I'm multitasking." Nat responded, jumping over the railing, motioning for Celestia to follow her.

They landed, and Celestia hit Nat in the arm once more. Nat chuckled, pushing her lightly. Celestia tried to hold back a grin, looking at Nat.

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I had school, and then I got heatstroke, and I didn't really feel like updating, so I'm really sorry, but I'll try and make up for it <3
Also, over 170 reads, thank you so much lovelies