XVI- Funeral

July 16, 2015Sokovia

July 16, 2015
Sokovia

Celestia stared up at the raindrops pouring down onto the car windows. 'How fitting.' She said to herself, fixating on a specific droplet.

"Tia?" Celestia heard from her left, turning to the woman in the drivers seat. "You ok- you kinda zoned out there.." Nat trailed off, avoiding asking the brunette if she was okay.

"Oh... sorry." Celestia mumbled, and trained her eyes back to the window, finding another droplet to focus on. Two dings from her phone brought her out of her trance. 3 messages- Adi <3

She sighed and unlocked her phone, going into her messages.

Adi <3
Hey, don't wanna rush you or anything, Tia, but how long are you gonna be in Sokovia for?
Uhm, sorry for messaging again, but can you call me when you get these?
Please? I love you

Fav Avenger
I'm almost at the funeral
I'll call you after
Love you too

Adi <3 reacted ♥️ to Fav Avenger's message

Celestia sighed and threw her phone on the backseat of the car.

"We're here." Nat said quietly, grabbing an umbrella from under her seat before she left the car. Celestia inhaled, closing her eyes. She discarded her jacket, leaving her in a long sleeve black shirt and long black pants. She exited the car, Natasha waiting right there for her, walking arm-in-arm with the brunette, covering both of them with the umbrella.

They immediately went over to Wanda (who had already been in Sokovia dealing with the funeral). Celestia looked at the brunette, watching as the tears welled in her eyes at the sight of Celestia.

"Thank you." She muttered, pulling Celestia into a hug. Rain poured down onto them both, but they didn't care as they embraced each other, sobbing into each other.

"Don't say thank you. There's no way I wouldn't of come." She murmured back through her tears.

Finally, they pulled away, laughing at their wet and blotchy faces.

It was a small service, only Steve, Clint, Laura, Nat, Wanda, and Celestia. They couldn't have a large funeral considering Sokovia was still recovering from Ultron. They felt it was necessary to bury him in Sokovia though.

Soon, after Steve and Clint (with some help of Wanda) lowered Pietro's casket into the ground, everyone gave speeches.

Steve started, only having a quick talk about how 'He died protecting his country, his sister, and the Avengers. He won't be forgotten'.

Nat then spoke next, having a slightly more heartfelt speech. "I didn't know the kid, but he died to save someone, that's all I need to know, to know he was an amazing person."