IX- The Truth

A knock echoed throughout the guest room

A knock echoed throughout the guest room. Celestia looked up from the edge of the bed, towards the white, chipped door, the pink flowers that Lila had painted standing out. She inhaled deeply, walking over, but instead of the short, heavily pregnant woman she expected, stood a 6'2 super soldier in a tight blue shirt. Celestia inhaled, looking down to the ground.

"Hey." She greeted. He nodded back. "I thought you were supposed to be chopping wood with Tony?" She asked, looking up into his blue eyes that stared deeply into hers.

"I was. Mrs. Barton needed Tony to fix the tractor." He stated, looking around the guest bedroom behind the brunette, that has been decorated in the years that she had been there.

Celestia furrowed her brows. "And Laura wanted Tony to fix it, not the literal super soldier?" She asked laughing slightly. The man seemed stumped. "Uhm, well, maybe it's a technical issue?" He asked more than responded. Celestia nodded back, not quite believing it.

"Can I come in?" Steve asked quietly after a few seconds of silence. Celestia hesitated, but moved out of the way for him to move in. As the blond stepped in, he inspected the room more, paying extra attention to the pictures of the team (most being Celestia, Clint, and Natasha on the farm) and the children's drawings that littered her walls. "Those kids like you." He stated, turning around. Celestia nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed once more.

It was then silent save for the yelling of children downstairs. Celestia felt the bed dip beside her. "How come you were in Sokovia?" Steve asked quietly. Celestia chuckled. "You know, I've explained this like three times already?" She looked to him quickly before looking away.

She explained, going on half-autopilot for it. After the finished, Steve was silent.

"Can I ask you something now?" She asked, looking up at the blond once more. He nodded instantaneously. She inhaled. "How come you just ignored me after our..." she trailed off, not willing to say 'date'. He looked down to his jeans. Celestia kept her eyes on him, watching his eyes trail over his legs, thinking.

"No reason?" She asked clenching her jaw after no response from the man. He shook his head. "There's a reason, but you'll just think it's stupid, and I'm trying to word it in a way you won't." He laughed humorously.

"I'll probably think it's stupid any way you word it." She said, looking away. She heard his breathe out a laugh. "Hmm, I know."

A couple minutes passed until he spoke again.

"I didn't think it was fair for you to be going after the person that... killed your parents. And not to bring him to justice, but to help him." He said, whispering the word 'killed' as if it hurt him to say it. She turned her eyes to him, the green shining bright from the sun pouring in from the window.

"That guy that killed my parents was your best friend. And I know Hydra, and the Red Room, and whatever organisations there are. That wasn't Bucky that killed my parents. He didn't know who Bucky was. And I would do anything to help someone like that. Look at Nat. She killed me too, and here I am, best friends with her." She explained, putting a hand on his arm. He kept his eyes on his jeans.

She saw his Adam's apple bob up and down nervously. She furrowed her brows. "That's not all. That's not the only reason." She stated, taking her hand away. He sighed, wringing his hands together.

"After what you said to me before went to the Triskelion, I decided that you didn't need me in your life. You needed someone that gave you a life you deserve. A life, like this. A farm, and kids, and a happy, domestic, life. You can't get that with me. What Ultron said is true, I need to keep fighting. You need someone that can focus everything on you, and I can't do that." He got quieter as he spoke, shifting on the bed. As he finished, Celestia looked away, her jaw clicking in annoyance. It was silent for a few minutes. "Say something. Please." He begged. She shook her head, standing up.

"I can't believe you." She breathed out. "I understand why you were trying to make it sound less stupid, because that is the dumbest shit I've ever heard." She shook her head, pacing in the room.

"I did what I thought was right. I did what I though you deserved-" Celestia cut him off.

"It isn't your place to decide what I deserve!" She tried to not yell. "I wanted you. You." She whispered the last word.

He was silent, before he looked up to her. "Wanted?" His voice broke. Her tongue poked the inside of her cheek, and she nodded. He inhaled shakily, looking back down to his jeans.

Celestia stood, leaning against the dresser in front of her bed, where Steve sat. It seemed like hours of silence before Steve spoke again.

"Can we go back to how it was before?" He asked quietly. "Please? I can't have you ignoring me, but I know we can't-" he cut himself off. "I just want to be friends." He asked, pleadingly.

Celestia walked over, sitting next to him on the bed. She put her hand back on his arm, rubbing it. "Of course." She accepted. He looked to her, smiling slightly.

"I'm sorry." He said softly. She shook her head, pulling him into a hug.

"Don't be. You did what you thought was right." She felt him nod into her shoulder. They stayed like that for a few seconds, before Celestia pulled away.

"You wanna have a shower?" She asked him quietly. He furrowed his brows. "You stink." She elaborated. He rolled his eyes, standing up, pushing her shoulder lightly. She laughed, saying goodbye to him.

As soon as he left, her smile dropped. She was happy to be friends with him again, but it hurt. What would've happened if she didn't tell him what she did. Everything would've been different. She might've been with him. They might've found Bucky. Ultron might've never been created. She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes, pushing the voices away. Apart from her conscious, the voices had started chanting 'accords' over, and over again, (mixed in with a couple 'Pietro''s and 'Ultron''s) for the past few hours, and it hurt her head.

She fell back on the bed, trying to clear her head.

This chapter is done!
I dunno what to say except have a great day/night and vote and comment if you want ♥️