IX- The Middle Of The Fight

The Avengers saw more aliens fly out of the portal, them all tensing up

The Avengers saw more aliens fly out of the portal, them all tensing up. "Guys." Romanoff spoke, her hands on her gun.

"Call it Captain." Stark spoke to Steve.

He obliged. "All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Can you give me a lift?" Barton questioned looking at Stark. The latter nodded, "Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Stark then flew off with Barton.

"Thor, you gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightening. Light the bastards up." Thor nodded at Steve's direction, swinging his hammer and flying off.

Romanoff and Celestia stared at Steve waiting for instructions. "We stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here. Celestia, I know your powers are more than not dying, put them to use." The two women nodded, before Cap continued, looking at the Hulk, "And Hulk...Smash." The Green man (?) snarled and jumped off.

As soon as the Hulk left, aliens jumped down from buildings and the portal making Romanoff, Steve and Celestia fight. Romanoff was shooting at them, stealing their weapons and using it against them when she could. Steve was hitting them with his shield. And Celestia was shooting at them still, nervous to use her powers.

Celestia had got close enough to Steve while they were both fighting that she could speak to him. "Hey, Cap? When you said I should put my powers to use, you mean, like the extent of what I can do?" Steve bashed an alien that was just about to hit Celestia. He looked down at her, and nodded, "We need it Cia." He spoke, looking into her eyes, before going back to fighting.

Celestia took a breath in, knowing they wouldn't be happy, before letting black smoke fall out of her fists. The smoke filled the air around them, and in its wake left two dozen half transparent figures. She smiled (it was more of a grimace) at them before gesturing to the aliens. One of them, the closest to Celestia, hit her on the arm in annoyance before charging at the aliens. Romanoff who had just had an alien pushed off her, turned to Celestia and furrowed her brows.

"What the actual hell?" Celestia grinned (again, more of a grimace) and said in response, "Ghosts basically." Steve turned to the women conversing, with his jaw dropped, just having seen three half transparent people jump on an alien. "Ghosts? You conjure ghosts?"

Celestia shrugged, "I guess. I don't really make them appear though. They're always here, the smoke just signals them to come." She gave a tight lipped smile to the two shocked people in front of her.

"They're all gone Mi Amor!" A Spanish sounding man called out from a few feet away. Celestia smiled and called back to him, "For now. Garcias Javier!"

"You know all these people? Ghosts? Whatever?" Romanoff asked Celestia, who just shrugged, "Not all of them. Most of them. Too many of 'em to know all of them. Just most of them have been with me my entire life."