XII- Dinner With The Captain

Adrienne stared wide-eyed at the blond figure across from her at the table

Adrienne stared wide-eyed at the blond figure across from her at the table. He gave her a small smile before Celestia's voice came calling out. "Adrienne! Can you come help me please!" It would've looked like she was in a trance to anyone who was watching her stand up her eyes still on the blond while pushing the doors that led into the kitchen open, quietly closing behind her.

"Hey Adi. Can you come get 3 forks and take a bowl please-" The woman was cut off by her sister whisper yelling at her. "That is Captain America in our dining room Celestia. How are you so calm?" Celestia looked at the flustered teenager laughing lightly. "Come on. Just grab the forks and a bowl please." She walked past Adrienne, bumping her hip into the 16 year olds, pushing the doors open with her back. Adrienne faintly heard her say "I hope you like Lasagne, Captain." She heard the man respond to her sister with, "Well, I've only had it once and that was a couple years ago now."

Celestia was laughing quietly while Adrienne walked into the room sitting down across from the Captain, who was next to her sister. "There she is. Was beginning to think you made a run for it." She smiled at the young girl who looked down at her lasagne rubbing her neck.

"Celestia tells me you go to Midtown High. Isn't that a Science and Technology school." Adrienne's eyes widened in excitement as she started talking about the school, shovelling in food between each sentence while Steve asked a few questions along the way. Celestia watched the two people talk, a smile on her face.

After the three people had finished eating, Adrienne offered to get rid of the plates and get the dessert, but before Celestia could answer her, she was already juggling three bowls and calling out to Steve, "I have something to show you too Captain!" And left through the kitchen doors. Celestia looked to her left to see Steve looking at her already.

"She seems like a nice kid." He stated. Celestia smiled looking down at the table before looking back at him, "Yeah, she is. I'm lucky to have her." Celestia had already explained her past to Steve at this point, as well as what Loki said about her being the 'harbinger of death'. He had just told her not to believe him, he was a trickster. Celestia still wasn't sure what to believe. And it's not like Thor had exactly been in town to explain it to her either, if he even knew anything. She was brought out her thoughts by Adrienne bringing three plates in and placing them down in front of each person.

Celestia noticed Steve's confusion at the dessert. "It's Flan. Our mother used to make it all the time and she taught me. Wish I could teach this one, but every time she always seems to get something wrong." Adrienne laughed in embarrassment. "It's not my fault it's so hard to make, and you're a terrible teacher. You hover." Celestia opened her mouth and gasped in shock. "I do not hover."

Adrienne laughed, "You hover so much, literally every second while I make it I feel your breath on the back of my neck." The older girl rolled her eyes, "She's exaggerating." She directed at Steve.

"I am not exaggerating, I swear. I'll be beating the eggs, and I'll just feel her right behind me, watching my every movement." Adrienne complained.

"Well if you didn't make a mistake every time, I wouldn't have to." Celestia came back with.

Steve watched with a smile, as the two sisters lightheartedly argued.

**

Celestia and Steve were standing at the front door, waiting for Adrienne who was in her room looking for something. She looked up at Steve who also looked down at her. He leant against the door before speaking. "You know how you offered for me to stay here for a while, just until I get my footing?" Celestia nodded, "Well, is that offer still up for grabs?" Celestia's eyes widened. "Really? You'd want to live here-" she was interrupted off by Adrienne who bounded in with a Pop Vinyl in her hand. The little figurine had a shield in its hand and a mask on.

"Do you mind signing this?" The teen questioned, holding out a sharpie. He chuckled at the smaller version of himself, took the marker and wrote his name in cursive on the bottom. The short girl smiled widely repeating thank you over, and over again.

"I'll call you tomorrow." Celestia stated to Steve who nodded. The three people said their goodbyes, and he was gone. Adrienne's smile got even wider before she ran away and called out to Celestia that she was going to tell Rory what happened. Celestia smiled at the girl before making her way to her bedroom, falling flat on the bed.