Flirting

"Absolutely not" Kal-El floated in full costume in front of Kara, also in full costume, ten miles above the city of Metropolis.

"But Kal-" she was cut off as Kal began talking

"I know what you're going to say, you can handle yourself" he spoke as he crossed his arms. "But you've only taken down thugs. What happens when you encounter someone more? You aren't trained! What happens when you attract someone like Lex Luthor? The Ultra-Humanite?"

"Kal I have no clue who those are" Kara spoke as she also crossed her arms. "But I have these powers, why shouldn't I use them to help?"

"You should, of course you should. Just not yet. You're still a kid Kara" Kal's expression softened as he looked at his cousin. "And you need to at the very least train before you can do this like I do"

"And who could train me?" Kara asked with a scoff. "You're always busy!" She sighed as she shook her head and spoke again before Kal could. "And I know, I know. You're off helping people or living your life, I get it. But even if you do come visit me more it's not like you have the time to train me"

Clark sighed as he thought it over. "Bruce-" he stopped as Kara shook her head. "The Amazon's-"

"I'm not moving again" Kara quickly and sternly spoke. "That seems like it would be a full time thing from what you told me about them"

Kal nodded in agreement. "Look, I'll try to find someone to teach you okay? But for now how about you just stick to Smallville?"

Kara sighed before speaking. "Can I do my hero work there?"

Kal was silent for a moment. "You'd give yourself away" he put his hand on his chin as he thought. "Okay how about this, you take all of Kansas" Kara smiled widely. "That'll make you less easy to identify. Deal?" There also weren't many, if any, super villains living in or paying much attention to Kansas.

"Deal!" Kara squealed before flying into Kal and enveloping him in a hug. "I love you Kal"

"I love you too Kara" Kal replied as he hugged the girl back.

—————————————————————

"Earth to Supergirl" the girls head quickly shot up as she turned to look at (y/n). She was sitting on the couch beside him in his home while his mother sat in the kitchen working on her computer.

"Yes?" Kara asked as the boy turned his phone to let her see it. "Looks like someone stole your nickname"

Kara smiled as she read the article that talked about a so called woman of steel who had went around last night kicking ass in Gotham City. Apparently she had called herself supergirl. Of course there were no photos.

"Looks like someone did" Kara nodded in agreement as she tried to repress her smile. "She sounds hot"

(Y/n) gave her a sideways look. "The article doesn't describe her"

"I know-" Kara shrugged as (y/n) began speaking again.

"That being said you're probably right" Kara once again had to suppress her smile. "Especially if this supergirl is anything like you"

"Ooh, bold move Lang" Kara laughed as she nudged him with her shoulder.

"You set me up for it Kent" (y/n) replied with a smile of his own.

"Can you two stop flirting and just kiss? I need to focus on my work and that's quieter!" Lana spoke from the kitchen, causing Kara to blush and look away while (y/n) both blushed and laughed at his mothers words.

"We'll be quiet!" (Y/n) called back as loudly as possible. "Come on, let's go upstairs" he spoke as he stood up and offered his hand to Kara.

"Smooth" Lana muttered from the kitchen though (y/n) didn't hear her and Kara was to surprised to notice.

"Upstairs?" Kara quickly looked over to the boy, she was still blushing at his mothers words. "Why?"

(Y/n) shrugged. "Because we don't need to be so quiet up there?"

"Right..." Kara nodded slowly as she took the boys hand and he pulled her up off the couch and to her feet. "And that's the only reason?"

(Y/n) gave her a confused look before realizing what she had thought. "Honey I'm not that easy" he turned away from Kara and began walking, dragging her along since she was holding his hand. "Take me out to dinner a few times first" they began walking up the stairs

"That can be arranged" Kara responded with a smirk, the boy almost tripped on a stair after hearing that. "How's tomorrow night work for you?"

"I-uh" (y/n) stuttered as he sped up a bit. "Yeah. Yeah tomorrow is good"

"Great" Kara smiled widely. "I'll take Pa's truck, we'll have a great time"

"Can you drive?" (Y/n) asked as he looked back at Kara and she shook her head. "Then maybe that isn't a great idea"

Kara frowned. "How hard can it be?" They reached the top of the stairs and walked to the boys room. Once inside Kara closed the door behind them.

"And just so you know I expect you to fulfill on that promise of us having a great time" (y/n) let go of Kara's hand before sitting down on his bed and looking at the girl. "And since you asked me out you're paying"

"Don't worry about any of that. I'll make sure you have a wonderful time" Kara smiled as she sat down beside the boy and leaned her head onto his shoulder. "You'll never forget it"

"Good" (y/n) smiled as he put his arm around her shoulder and held her close. "You better not let me down"

"I won't! Just relax and wait impatiently for me to take you out. I already have a rough plan of what we can do" Kara punched the boy gently in the chest.

Word count: 1003

(Favorite scene of the chapter?)