Weak

Superboy and Batgirl moved in silence as they followed the signal of the tracker. It had moved for a long while before losing signal and then finally showing up again in Newark.

"She's not here" Batgirl spoke definitively as they walked down the runway.

"There's no way you know that" Superboy replied as he listened for any signs of the fake supergirl. He hated to admit but he didn't hear her. The Bat could be right. She was always right.

"Why would she be here?" Batgirl asked as she looked down at her phone. "Tracker is to the right"

"I don't know" Kon-El sighed as he rubbed his forehead and walked the way she said to. "Maybe she was tired and decided to take the slow way home. Or maybe her powers are made by some serum and she doesn't want to waste it"

Batgirl looked at him disbelievingly. "You said she was Kryptonian"

"I said she seemed to be" Superboy retorted. "Biologically she seems to be close to Clark and Kara. But I'm not a big science nerd like your dad so I may have just not been able to tell"

Batgirl huffed. "My dad is not a nerd" Superboy had to laugh at that. They both knew Batman was a nerd.

"Whatever you say" Kon-El shook his head before Batgirl finally stopped him once they reached an airplane that was stopped on the runway. "Why have we stopped"

Batgirl was silent before quickly climbing on Superboy, surprising him. She jumped from where she now stood on his shoulder onto the plane before climbing to the top of that. "I could have just carried you up there!" He called after her as he wiped dirt from her boots off of his costume and face.

"I'm showing dominance. You talk back to me to much" Was all Batgirl replied as she looked over the plane. "Ugh" she picked the tracker off the plane. "Told you she wasn't here"

Superboy sighed, knowing he wouldn't hear the end of this from her. "Alright, I'll do a quick fly around and see if she's by some miracle anywhere in the area. You get on league comms and let them know we've lost her"

"You lost her. I lose nothing" Batgirl corrected the boy of steel just before he took off. He decided not to comment on that. Again she was of course right.

—————————————————————

Linda Lee walked slowly as the bullets ricocheted off of her and to the ground. She wasn't in her supergirl costume so the bullets each left a tiny hole wherever they hit, instead she was in all black since she was breaking into a top secret facility and that's what they wore in movies.

Finally she got tired of the bullets and started running towards her attackers at an almost normal pace. They began to turn and retreat but she quickly reached the closest one and grabbed his gun. She turned it on him, as her training told her to, but she hesitated due to the look of fear on the soldiers face as he looked up at her.

After a moment of nothing but Linda being shot she decided to smack the soldier with his gun and knock him out instead of outright killing him. She cursed herself for her weakness before proceeding to do the same to the rest of the soldiers.

Once they were all out cold she looked to the gun in her hand and aimed it at one of the unconscious soldiers again. "Why can't I do it?!" She growled in anger as her finger shook right over the trigger, she couldn't bring herself to press it.

She angrily threw the gun across the room so hard that it lodged itself in the wall. She then turned back the way she was going and started to run. She didn't want to show these people more of her powers than she had to, lest they connect her to the reappearance of supergirl.

She used her sense of smell to lead her towards the lead lined vault. It was hard since the outside of the building was lead lined too but she was able to do it.

Once at the vault she broke the door open before feeling weak. She showed none of her weakness, she had been trained all her life never to show it. With a bit of what was left of her power she grabbed the lead door and broke off a piece. She used that piece to create a makeshift box for what was in the vault.

The further into the vault she walked the more she struggled to hide her weakness. She knew there were cameras here, she couldn't screw up and let them realize she was like Superman and Supergirl.

When she finally reached the kryptonite she used the last bit of her power to bend the lead and wrap it around the Kryptonite so none of its radiation could affect her anymore. She resisted the urge to sigh in relief before walking back the way she came.

"Mission accomplished" she whispered to herself, knowing full well that she had been expected to leave no survivors. She just hoped that her superiors didn't punish her too harshly for not following through on that expectation.

—————————————————————

Linda stood in silence as her superior screamed at her in Russian over an encrypted phone. He reprimanded her for her lack of lethality as she expected, it hurt to hear him say all this but she knew it was true. She hadn't killed her enemies, she hadn't made her government proud, she had failed to do the one thing she had been trained for.

He told her that she lacked a killers heart, and that made her more ashamed than anything else ever had. It made her ashamed because again he was right. She had killed before but every time it tore her up inside and made cry like the weak little girl that she was.

So she just took the harsh words, with no retort other than to apologize and make false promises that it would never happen again. It was all she could do as she began once again to tear up at the harsh words, proving to herself that she was indeed a weak child.

Word count: 1057