Playing Dress Up

As Cassandra Cain-Wayne ate her pancakes it finally occurred to Kara Kent-Lang how stupid she had been over the past month. After her depression she had avoided even the smallest amount of human contact outside of her family.

One hour with Cassandra and Kara was already feeling in better spirits than she had been in all that time.

This was her best friend, and she'd purposely avoided her. She had known the effect that Cassandra would have on her, because she always had that effect. Even subsjonconiosly Kara had been punishing herself.

"Please pass" Cassandra held out her hand and Kara quickly handed her the syrup. "Thank you"

Kara nodded as she watched the Batgirl drench her pancakes in even more syrup. "Aren't you needed in Gotham?" She asked after a moment of silence. Kara hadn't even thought about that, was she stopping this girl from saving lives? Were people dying because her friend was here?

"No" Cassandra replied simply, pulling Kara out of her worrying state. She took another bite of her pancakes. "Want to see a movie?"

Kara shook her head. "I- I'm not leaving the house.

Cass considered that for a moment before nodding. "I understand" she nodded again before looking to (y/n). "You!" He quickly looked up from his French toast with a curious look. "Movie?"

"Wait what?" Both (y/n) and Kara asked at once. "You're going to go even if I don't?" Kara frowned.

"I'd rather you come too" Cass replied with a shrug. "But I'm going with or without you"

Kara frowned and looked to (y/n) for his response.

(Y/n) seemed to consider this for a moment before answering. "Sure. Sounds like fun"

"Seriously?" Kara asked with a frown as she looked between the two. Her best friend and her husband.

"Seriously" Cassandra replied with an extra serious tone. "Tonight" she spoke as she looked back to (y/n).

"Yes ma'am" (y/n) gave a mock salute.

"You two suck" Kara huffed as she crossed her arms and melted into her seat.

"As far as I'm aware you're the only one here to do that" Cassandra spoke a second after finishing her pancakes. She stood up and pushed her chair back in. "I am finished"

Kara just huffed again before suddenly finding herself pulled out of her chair. "Hey!" She cried out with a small laugh as Cassandra put Kara on her shoulders. "How are you so strong?"

"You're malnourished" Cass spoke simply, reminding Kara of that fact. "Makes it easy to carry you"

"Where are we going?" Kara asked as Cass started carrying her out of the kitchen. She gave (y/n) a quick wave as he continued eating, only stopping to briefly return the wave.

"To get you washed and dressed" Cass replied simply. "For when you change your mind and decide to come with us"

"What makes you think I will?" Kara asked as she crossed her arms and looked down at Cassandra. They entered the bedroom.

"You were considering it since I brought it up. Basically decided once (y/n) agreed to go" Cassandra replied with a shrug as they approached the bathroom. "Now wash. I will pick out clothing" It was not phrased as something Kara could choose.

Kara huffed before floating off of the girls shoulders. "You really do suck" she spoke without looking back before zooming into the bathroom and closing the door.

—————————————————————

Kara emerged from the bathroom wrapped in a towel a while later to find Cassandra had placed a mixture of Kara's and (y/n)'s clothes on the bed. The short girl was still looking through the closet. "You have no cufflinks"

"Why would I? Those are for men's shirts" Kara spoke with a confused look to Cass. "How do you plan to dress me?"

Cassandra glanced back at Kara. "Dry your hair" she didn't reply to the question, she instead walked over to the couples dresser and started looking through drawers until she found the ones belonging to the husband. "Aha!" She quickly pulled out a pair of Superman cufflinks.

Kara frowned as she unwrapped her towel from around her and started drying her hair with it. "Maybe not the Superman ones. Not yet"

Cass was silent but respected Kara's wishes. She put the cufflinks away and pulled out another pair in the shape of little cats. "These?"

"Those work" Kara replied as she finished drying her hair. She then looked down at her legs and activated her heat vision, incinerating all the hairs that were beginning to grow back in.

"Good" Cass turned back to Kara and walked over to her, waiting for her to finish shaving.

Once she was done Kara looked back up at Cass who in turn quickly threw one of (y/n)'s fancy button down shirts at her. "Put that on"

Kara gave a confused look as she stared at the white shirt. "You want me to wear boy clothing?"

"Unless you've suddenly become Jewish without me knowing. Then I'll find you a nice dress" Cassandra replied sarcastically.

Kara let out a small laugh and shook her head before putting on the shirt and buttoning it up. "I look ridiculous" she spoke as she stood up and looked at herself in the mirror across the room.

"Of course you do. You're not wearing pants" Cass spoke with a kind smile. "We'll fix that soon" she walked up to Kara and quickly put the kitty cufflinks in the cuffs of the to short shirt to hold them together.

"Actually so far I think that was the best part of this outfit" Kara joked which caused Cass to let out a small chuckle.

—————————————————————

Kara huffed as she fiddled with legs of the pants that Cass had forced onto her. They were too short since the pants were meant for (y/n) and not her but that actually made it look a bit better on her.

"I don't think this looks good" she huffed as Cass looked at her creation proudly.

Cassandra shook her head in disagreement with Kara. "Beautiful" she kissed Kara's hand before quickly picking up a pair of Kara's heels.

"You want me to wear those stilts?" Kara's eyes went wide. "Seriously? They're uncomfortable and I'm going to be towering over you and (y/n) more than I already do"

"Put them on" Cassandra replied simply.

Kara just sighed before taking the shoes and floating up as she put them on both her feet at once. "I hate you"

"I love you too" Cassandra took Kara's leg and pulled her back down to the ground. "Now how about we go see what your husband thinks?"

Word count: 1122

(Favorite scene of the chapter?)