Booster Gold

"Booster, I know you're there" Imra spoke into her ring, hoping to hear the voice of the person who'd hung up on her the day she arrived. "Did you steal the ring? Is that why you won't answer me?" More silence. "As long as you didn't kill anyone for it I'm not gonna be mad at you"

There was silence for another moment before the voice responded. "I got it from a museum... it was just collecting dust"

"Alright. How about we meet up?" She asked as she lay back on her bed. "I need someone to talk time travel with and these people know nothing of it"

"You got it! I'm your guy" Boosted hung up before calling back a moment later. "Where can I find you?"

—————————————————————

(Y/n) walked down the stairs tiredly and was surprised when he entered the kitchen and saw Imra sitting across from the shiniest suited man he'd ever seen. "Booster Gold is in my kitchen" the boy whispered, no longer tired as he watched the two. "Play it cool" he spoke before walking to the refrigerator. "Good morning!"

"Morning!" Imra gave a smile as the two turned to see the boy as he grabbed an orange.

"Hey! How you doing?" Booster replied as he offered a smile.

"Well Booster Gold is in my Kitchen so I'd say pretty good" (y/n) replied with a smile

"Well Booster Gold is in my Kitchen so I'd say pretty good" (y/n) replied with a smile. "Mind if I sit down?... and maybe a picture?"

"Mind? I'd prefer it!" Booster motioned for the boy to sit beside him and he did. "Skeets! Take a couple pics"

A little drone quickly flew up and in front of the two. "You know that's not all I'm good for right Booster?" He asked although he still took the pictures.

 "You know that's not all I'm good for right Booster?" He asked although he still took the pictures

"I know Buddy! It's just been a slow week" he gave an apologetic shrug and Skeets flew back away. "He'll email them to you"

"I appreciate it" (y/n) smiled as he took a bite of his orange. "So what brings you here?"

"Well when a Legionnaire calls you don't just not respond!... not if you want them to reevaluate and let you into their club"

"You tried out?" Imra asked causing Booster to groan.

"She has memory loss. Otherwise I'm sure she'd remember" (y/n) quickly added in.

"Oh, okay then" Booster nodded. "Anyways we were just discussing the fragility of space-time"

"Ah" (y/n) nodded slowly. "I can definitely contribute to this conversation"

Booster nodded. "So as I was saying: Blue Beetle, Rip Hunter, and I were forced into the time stream a couple months ago and were sent to the past, a lot of stuff happened and when we came back things had changed. Things like Superboy and the current batgirl. Small things which we knew must have had big consequences"

Imra nodded sadly. "So what's the future like now?"

"All I really know is that the Legionnaires are different. I ran into them last time they visited Superman. Brainiac Five, Bouncing Man, Lightning Man, Dream woman, and a few others"

Irma frowned. "So except from Brainiac Five they all just have different names?"

"They're also older" Booster Shrugged. "And I think a couple are the kids of the ones you knew"

Irma's frown deepened. "Is there any way to fix things?"

Booster was silent for a second. "Rip said that once time cracks it can't be uncracked, only mended, although it'll never be the same again"

Irma nodded as she began to tear up. "So my friends are gone, even if I found a way to the future they're different people now"

"I'm sorry" both Booster and (y/n) spoke as Booster placed his hand on hers comfortingly.

"I'm fine" Irma shook her head before wiping her tears away. "...no I'm not... all my friends are gone" she began to cry as she placed her head down against the table.

The three sat there, Irma crying, the two boys unsure what to do except sit there and silently comfort the girl.

After another couple of moments Irma stopped crying and wiped her tears away. "Thank you for coming here Michael" she spoke as she pulled her hand away from his and stood up. "I- I think I'm going to go lie down" she spoke before quickly walking away and towards the stairs.

The boys sat there in silence for another minute before standing up, (y/n) quickly did the same. "I've gotta head back, I told my partner I'd help him take down a group which has been attacking his company" he spoke as he glanced in the direction Irma had went off in. "Mind if I come by to check on her? I feel kinda bad... you know, since this is all partially my fault... even if it was this or the time stream was destroyed"

"No problem. Come whenever you want" (y/n) replied as he also looked off the way Irma had left. "She's gonna need all the friends she can get right now" he sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. "It was... well not exactly nice given the circumstances... but I'm glad we met" he offered Booster his hand and the man quickly shook it.

"I'll be seeing you again soon" Booster Gold nodded as he walked towards the front door. "Come on Skeets" the little drone quickly flew after his friend as the two walked out the door and (y/n) closed it behind them.

Word count: 930

(No Kara in this chapter but I think I made up for it by introducing Booster Gold)