The Light Part 1

Kara gasped as she woke up and coughed. She blinked a few times and turned her head, trying to turn away from the blinding white light that seemed to come from every direction. She frowned as she realized it was coming from every direction, she couldn't see anything but the light.

"Kara?!" A faint voice called in the distance. She tried to activate her super hearing but heard nothing. "Kara!" She suddenly recognized the voice.

"(Y/n)?!" She called back loudly as she slowly stood up, her feet were on something yet she still only saw white. She ran in the direction of the voice at normal speeds, unable to do anything more.

They kept calling each other's names, doing their best to make sure they were approaching each other until Kara ran into the boy, sending them both tumbling to the ground. "Ow" the boy muttered as he quickly wrapped his arms around the girl that was on top of him and held her close. "Where are we Kara?"

"I don't know" Kara whispered back as she reached out and stroked what was either the boys cheek or forehead, she couldn't tell. "Do you remember anything?"

"No" (y/n) replied as Kara felt him shake his head. Kara sighed before standing up, running her hand down the boys body until she felt his hand, and pulling the boy up with her. "Can you see anything?" The boy asked.

"Nothing" Kara sighed as she squeezed the boys hand. "It's all light but there's no sun, I have no powers"

(Y/n) was the one now who let out a sigh. "Alright, well-" he went silent.

"(Y/n)?" Kara asked as she squeezed his hand just to make sure he was still there.

"I'm remembering something" the boy replied quietly. "You were on some sort of mission, with the titans"

"I was?" Kara asked as she frowned, trying and failing to remember. "What sort of mission?"

"I-" (y/n) was silent. "I don't know" he shook his head. "I've just thought of something terrible"

"What is it?" Kara asked with a scared tone of voice.

"We can't see and we're in an unfamiliar place, how do we find food and water?"

Kara shook her head. "I don't know. For all we know there not be any food or water"

(Y/n) was silent after hearing that. "Kara I don't want to starve to death"

"We will not starve to death!" Kara replied harshly as she squeezed the boys hand reassuringly. "We got here, we'll find a way back. Come on, let's start walking"

(Y/n) was silent but began walking as Kara demanded.

—————————————————————

"Kara?" (Y/n) asked after what felt like it had been an hour. "You've been uncharacteristically not talkative"

Kara didn't reply, instead she just continued singing the song that she had been singing quietly to herself. "Zum gali gali. Zum gali gali~"

This went on for a long while until (y/n) spoke again. "Why won't you talk to me Kara?" The boy asked.

"How long has it been since I've spoken to you?" Kara asked the boy as she suddenly stopped singing.

"I don't know. Half an hour?" (Y/n) asked with a frown.

"Twenty eight hours" Kara corrected him, causing the boy to go wide eyed and stop walking which prompted Kara to stop as well. "I've sang that song seven hundred and two times in its entirety in the time since I last spoke to you"

"That's not possible" (y/n) spoke quietly.

"Your sense of time is off. I've only managed to keep track because I count how many times I've sung that song"

"But I'm not even tired?" (Y/n) frowned. "All I feel is- I feel nothing" he quickly started freaking out. "I can't even feel your hand Kara!"

Kara tried to squeeze the boys hand but frowned when she realized she couldn't feel his either. She tried to pull her hand away to find his again but she ended up pulling him into her. "That's weird" she frowned. She pulled again and again pulled the boy closer. "I can't seem to pull my hand away from yours"

"I can't either" replied the boy as he tried. "It's like they're glued together"

After a moment of silence (y/n) frowned as he heard Kara's singing again. "Kara can you please switch songs? I'm getting sick of that one"

"That's not me" Kara replied as the zum gali gali's continued for another minute before stopping.

"Wait what?" (Y/n) looked around although he saw nothing but light. "Then who is that?"

"Hello?!" Kara called out into the brightness. "Come on out! We won't hurt you!" She started walking in the direction that the singing had been coming from.

They continued walking for what felt like minutes but could have been hours or days until suddenly (y/n) tripped on something, pulling Kara down with him. "I tripped" he frowned. "The terrain is flat, what did I trip on?"

Kara felt around with her free hand before finding something. "Oh Rao..." she whispered as she kept feeling. "I think it's a body"

"A body?" (Y/n) asked with wide eyes as he felt the urge to throw up.

"It's not human" Kara frowned as she kept feeling, there's no skin, no organs. It's just meat... but it's not raw either?"

"Kara stop describing it" (y/n) frowned as he covered his mouth. "Please"

She was silent for a bit before letting out a shaky breath and speaking. "We need to eat it"

"Excuse me?!" (Y/n) asked with a disgusted tone.

"It's the only food we've found in days" Kara spoke quietly as she ripped a chunk of meat off of the corpse. "I counted for over a day but we must have been here at least three days. It's like you said earlier, we could starve. We can't waste this opportunity" she roughly bit into the meat she had broken off. "Eat some"

"No way" (y/n) shook his head quickly. "You said it's a body!"

"I also said it's not human!" Kara spoke as she finished the small chunk of meat and broke off more. "You eat meat all the time, just think of this as a burger"

(Y/n) let out a shaky breath only to suddenly have Kara shove some meat into his mouth. He grimaced but slowly ate the mysterious food.

Word count: 1119

(This is heavily inspired by the doctor who story "Scherzo" so go check it out, it's leaps and bounds better than my writing. Also go read my new Pokémon book if you haven't already, got 14 chapters out and 14 more ready to publish)