Distraction

Imra Ardeen lay in her bed, as had become the norm in recent days. She stared at the ring that lay on her bedside table as she pulled her sheets up higher to cover her more.

"Good morning!" Kara Kent spoke happily as she opened the girls door, causing her to groan. "Breakfast time"

"I'm not hungry" Imra spoke, knowing full well that it wouldn't make a difference to Kara.

She was proven right when Kara grabbed her and pulled her out of bed before using her super speed to dress her. "Waffles. You'll love them"

"Doubtful" Imra replied as Kara lead her to the door and out of the room.

"Okay let me rephrase that" Kara spoke as they kept walking. "You'll eat it or you will no longer have a rent free home to live in" it was a bluff.

"Ah" was all Imra said as she slouched and kept walking. The bluff had worked.

Soon enough the two were in the kitchen. Imra sat down and Kara quickly put a plate in front of her. After a moment of silence Kara spoke. "You're welcome. Now eat"

Imra sighed, and despite it making her want to throw up she ate the waffles.

"Good right?" Imra just shrugged in response. "Better than you shaking your head yesterday!" Kara said happily before taking away the now empty plate.

"Can I go back to bed now?" Imra asked, prompting Kara to shake her head.

"You will be getting a job" Kara spoke as she crossed her arms.

Imra stood up slowly before walking past the girl. "Where are you going?" Kara quickly asked before zooming in front of her.

"To ask Michael if I can live with him" Imra responded simply as she was now the one to cross her arms.

"We talked to him about this. Booster agrees that you need something to do" Kara spoke causing Imra to groan again. "We'll get you something easy" she promised as she pat Imra's shoulder. "Promise"

"I'm an adult Kara, you can't make me do anything" Imra spoke before starting to walk away only for Kara to grab her arm.

"If you don't do this you won't have anywhere to live. Then you'll be forced to get a job just to pay the rent. Now it's either make money and keep it or make money and pay for a tiny apartment with it. Which are you going to choose?"

—————————————————————

"Hey" (y/n) spoke as he entered his home and saw Kara sitting on the ceiling while reading a magazine. "How did it go?" The boy had been spending the morning with his sister and mother, trying to get more ideas for how to help Imra.

"She's mad but she's currently at Kord Industries" Kara spoke as she quickly floated back to the ground. "Booster is friends with the CEO. She's his personal assistant now"

"Lucky girl" (y/n) replied with a smile. "From what I've heard Ted Kord is easily the best billionaire to work for"

"Yeah. This is going to be good for her" Kara smiled as she floated up and kissed the boy gently. "I can hear her now. She's very professional, wouldn't even be able to tell she's depressed if you didn't already know"

"She's trying at her job, that's definitely a good sign" (y/n) replied as he pushed Kara back down onto the ground. "She hasn't completely stopped caring"

Kara nodded before wrapping her arms around the boy. "Let's not get hopes up just yet" she whispered.

"Right" (y/n) muttered as he slowly nodded. "You're right. I know it's not that easy"

The two were silent for a moment before Kara pulled away from the hug. "So... did your family have any ideas?"

"Just repeated the same old things" (y/n) sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. "Be there for her, distract her, etcetera"

Kara nodded as she took the boys hand in hers. "Alright, then we'll just have to continue to do that.

Word count: 693

(Sorry again for a short chapter. Just couldn't stretch it without feeling like it should be a separate chapter)

 Just couldn't stretch it without feeling like it should be a separate chapter)