Mxyzptlk

Kara Zor-El awoke tied up and upside down, hanging from the ceiling in her Supergirl summer outfit. At first this excited her until she realized she was no longer in her bedroom and her boyfriend was nowhere to be seen. "Hello?!" She called out into the mostly empty warehouse.

There was no response so Kara tried breaking the chains that bound her until she realized it was worthless. She struggled as she slowly began to freak out. She could feel her power, nothing was impeding it, so how could this happen?

"Let me go!" She yelled as loudly as she could before her eyes glowed red and she blasted her heat vision at the chains which still refused to break.

"Geez, quiet down superbroad" an annoying voice spoke from seemingly nowhere before a tiny funny looking man appeared, floating in midair in front of Kara, also upside down so they were face to face. "Superman never screamed like that. Have some dignity!"

"No!" Kara quickly blew at the man, trying to send him flying back and failing

"No!" Kara quickly blew at the man, trying to send him flying back and failing. "Let me go"

"Where's the fun in that? You have to-" Kara began screaming again as loudly as she could. She finally stopped and the man huffed before continuing."You've gotta-" Kara once again screamed. "SHUT IT!" Kara went silent. "What kind of a super-zero are you?! LET ME SPEAK!"

"You're right" Kara sighed, looking apologetic as she tried to think about which of Clark's enemies this could be. "I was rude and I'm sorry. Please continue"

"Thank you" the little man smiled. "Now as I was saying-" he was cut off as Kara screamed again. "That's it!"

The little guy quickly snapped his fingers and Kara found herself gagged, something which to her slight shame comforted her even in this situation.

"Now" the man glared at Kara. "As I was saying, my name is Mr. Mxyzptlk. We are here because your cousin is boring. So I decided to take a shot at you"

Kara gave a confused look and tried to speak but couldn't through the gag.

"No I will not let you go! You've gotta break out and escape!" Mr. Mxyzptlk crossed his arms angrily. "And since I'm sure you noticed already I've used my powers to bind you with magic, so this should be difficult"

Kara glared at the imp one more time before just continuing her screaming, albeit the screams were muffled now.

"Seriously? Are you brain dead?" The imp reached over and knocked his fist on the blondes skull. "STOP SCREAMING AND TRY ESCAPING!"

Kara kept screaming, her skin sparking as she grew even louder. Mxy yelped as the blue energy shocked him and he pulled his hand away. "Oy vey" he shook his head as he watched the girl continue to do nothing but scream.

Kara's screaming went on for another few minutes, Mxy read in the corner of the room as she did, trying his best and failing to ignore her. "Don't you ever shut up?!" He threw his Superman comic book down onto the ground and stomped on it. "No wonder you're a small town hero and not a big city one"

Kara's eyes glowed at the insult before she quickly sent silent and shot a bolt of laser vision at the imp who quickly disappeared before it hit him. He reappeared in front of Kara with a smile. "See! More laser, less goat!"

Kara just went back to screaming. Mxy's smile once again turned to a frown before he just disappeared again, this time not reappearing in another part of the room.

—————————————————————

(Y/n) Lang sat in the kitchen with Imra Ardeen as they ate breakfast together. "You seen Kara this morning?" He asked as he shoveled a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Me? You sleep with her" Imra replied as she ate her orange slices. "She probably just went to go help some people if she isn't here"

"Probably" (y/n) shrugged as he had another spoonful of cereal. "I wish she'd at least leave a note when she goes out" 

Imra smiled as she watched the boy frown. "You're adorable when you're concerned for her. I'm totally telling her about this when she gets back"

(Y/n) frowned. "You're like the worst daughter ever"

"I'm older than you" Imra replied as she ate another orange slice.

"Then you're like the worst houseguest ever" (y/n) shrugged as he finished his bowl of cereal.

Imra shrugged as she stood up. "Nah you love me. Why else would you let me overstay my welcome this long?"

"Pity" (y/n) replied with a kind smile.

"Oh" Imra's smile broke for a moment before it returned. "Haha"

"I jest, I jest" (y/n) shook his head as he looked at the girl, it was easy to forget her depression at this point when she seemed so much better. "You're welcome here as long as you want"

"Good" Imra smiled as she walked to the sink and refilled her cup with water. "I'm gonna be here forever then" she spoke jokingly before quickly running off to her room.

—————————————————————

When Mr. Mxyzptlk returned to the fifth dimension warehouse he found Kara with her eyes closed and silent. "All screamed out Hm?" He asked as he snapped his fingers again, making the gag disappear. "WAKE UP!"

Kara's eyes burst open before she yawned. "Morning Mxy"

"Afternoon actually" the imp replied. "Ready to-" he was once again interrupted by Kara's sudden screaming. "THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU!"

The imp snapped his fingers again and Kara fell to the floor, no longer bound up. She stood up and stretched as she stared at the imp.

"I'm the one who does the annoying!" Mxy spoke as the tiny man walked over to the girl that towered over him and poked her leg. "That means you're the one who does the heroing!"

"Why?" Kara asked with a smirk.

"Because you're the hero!" Mxy motioned to Kara's family crest.

"Why?" She asked as she crossed her arms and stared down at the boy.

"I've wondered that myself. Doesn't seem very fun" Mxy shrugged.

"Why?" Kara asked again.

"Well I'd imagine that you don't get to- hey wait a second! I said I do the annoying!" Mxy floated up so he was face to face with Kara.

"Why?" Kara asked again, causing the imps left eye to twitch.

"How the hell is Superman the fun one?!" Mxy asked with a reminiscing sort of look. "Look can we please just-" he was cut off again by Kara screaming. "THAT'S IT!" Kara went silent. "We'll continue this when I'm in a better mood. Get out of my house"

Mr. Mxyzptlk snapped his fingers and Kara was sent back to her bedroom while the warehouse morphed back into his home.

The fifth dimensional imp went and sat on the couch. "Gspy! I need an aspirin!"

Word count: 1170

(I've always wanted to use Mr. Mxyzptlk. I think I nailed him in this chapter)