Nightwing

Kara Zor-El sang quietly to herself as she ate her burger on the edge of the Wayne Tech building, she did this from time to time after work. "He loves thee. He is here. Fa, la, la, la. Fa, la..."

"Ah~ must I leave thee here in endless night to dream? Where joy is dark and drear, and sorrow all supreme..." Kara quickly turned her head, surprised by the angelic voice which had continued her song. "Never took you for a theater nerd" Nightwing smiled, prompting Kara to smile back as she took another bite of her burger.

"It's a recent development. I'll never get how you bats can sneak up on me" Kara shook her head. She stared up at Dick as she tried her best to push down the growing urge to use her X-ray vision. "What's up Nightwing?"

"About to go take down some human traffickers. Figured since you were only a few floors above me I'd see if you felt like helping" He spoke as Kara floated up and to her feet.

She looked down at the shorter hero with a smirk. "I'm happy to come along but there won't be much for you to do if I do" she spoke before shoving what was left of her meal into her mouth.

"We'll see" Dick smirked as he shrugged. "These people being trafficked aren't exactly normal"

"Oh?" Kara asked, not really paying attention as she stared at the heroes masked face and finished chewing her food.

After another minute Kara was pulled from her thoughts as Nightwing looked off towards the docks. "Let's go then" Kara smirked before swiftly picking the hero up and placing him on her back. He held on tightly as they zoomed off towards the docks.

"Here we are" Kara quickly placed the boy back down on the ground, barely able to stop herself from touching his butt the longer he was on her back. She backed up a bit and took a couple deep breaths.

"You okay?" Nightwing whispered with a concerned look as he looked around for their prey and spotted a group of goons looking out at the water and an approaching ship.

"Yep" Kara nodded quickly as she ran a hand through her long hair. "Yeah, I'm good. Cool as a cucumber" she let out a breath before noticing the enemies. "Let's get them"

"Wait" Nightwing quickly put his hand in front of her before she could fly off at them. "There aren't enough of them here. Something's off"

Soon enough, but still to long for Kara, the ship had docked. They watched as the goons entered the ship before Nightwing looked at Kara, getting an idea. "Bringing you may have been the best move I could make. Think you could carry the ship?"

"You have to ask?" Kara asked with a smirk as she quickly put Nightwing back on her back before flying towards the ship. She quickly lifted the massive thing up into the air, hearing the screams of those inside as she did. "Where to?"

—————————————————————

After dropping the boat off at right outside the Hall of Justice, Kara flew Dick back to Blüdhaven. "This place is... rough" Kara frowned as she looked around at the city as she placed Nightwing down on his apartment buildings roof.

"Yeah. But we're working on making it better" Dick shrugged as he also looked out over the city. "Better than Gotham at least... mostly"

"Right" Kara nodded with a small smile. "We make a pretty good team"

"We do" Dick nodded as he smiled back at her. "I'm guessing you realized by now that I had another motive for asking for your help with all this"

"Oh?" Kara asked with a smirk. "Sorry boy wonder but I'm taken" she spoke as she tried not to let her smirk turn into a wide smile.

"Don't worry, I know" Dick replied as he reached into a hard to see pocket in his suit. "We've been wondering for a while now if you'd be a good fit with the team... I think you would be" he spoke as he pulled out a small circular object, almost like a cell phone. "We'd love to have you on the titans"

"Me?" Kara asked as she now burst into a wide smile. "I'm more of a friendly neighborhood hero, you know that right?"

"You say that but you also always end up cleaning up other messes outside Smallville" Dick replied with a shrug. "And you don't need to be a full time member if you don't want to, just someone we can call on if we ever need help" he held out the communicator in his hands.

Kara was silent for a moment before taking the communicator. "You can always call me if you need me... unless I say not to disturb me. As for whether I'll be a full time member... give me some time to think about it?"

"Of course" Dick nodded as he watched Kara start to float up. "Take as much time as you need. We'll be here when you make a decision"

"Cool. Thanks Dickie!" Kara gave him one last smile before quickly flying up, up, and away.

Word count: 900

(Do you think Kara should join the titans? Your answers to this may be considered votes, depends on how I'm feeling when I write the next chapter)