Excitement

"Oh sweetheart I love you so much!" Kara laughed as she was showered in praise and kisses. She had just given her boyfriend his new car and he obviously liked it.

"I don't know if I've ever seen you like this" she spoke as she felt his hands explore her exposed stomach. She was in her summer supergirl outfit.

"I've never owned a car with whitewalls before" the boy replied as he held Kara up with the help of her floating and kissed her stomach.

"So giving you stuff buys your love?" Kara asked with a smirk.

"Absolutely" (y/n) replied quickly as he kissed her stomach again.

"You little gold digger!" Kara laughed as she grabbed him by the hair carefully and made him kiss her belly once again.

"You just bought me a fifty one Hudson Hornet. I would have traded my friendship with booster for this car" (y/n) replied bluntly as he lowered Kara back to the ground.

"Yeah. Your sister told me it was your favorite" Kara smiled as she looked up at the boy who's height she would soon enough be approaching. "You'll have to thank her"

"Oh I will" (y/n) promised as he pat Kara's head while his other hand slowly moved over the hood of the car. "You know... if you had asked me to marry you and instead of a ring used this car I would absolutely have said yes"

Kara was stunned for a moment before speaking. "You think about marriage?"

"Obviously" (y/n) nodded as he looked towards their shared house. The second they had agreed to live together had felt to him like a promise that they would one day be married. "You don't?"

Kara shrugged. "Yeah of course but... I always kinda figured you had to be older to get married"

"Nope" (y/n) shook his head. "Once you're eighteen nobody gives a shit who you spend the rest your life with"

Kara nodded slowly. "Well fuck! This really would have been perfect wouldn't it?" The boy nodded with a small smirk. "I'm gonna top this"

"Not possible" (y/n) quickly replied.

"It is possible and I'll do it!" Kara spoke determinedly. "One day, when you don't expect it, I'll do something amazing and in that moment I will ask you to marry me. That is a promise!"

(Y/n) let out a small laugh at how excited Kara was. "What will you do if I propose to you?"

Kara frowned, trying and failing to figure out the answer to that question in her head. "I- uh-" she was silent for a moment. "I'd say yes... promise me you won't propose!" That caught the boy off guard. "Please?"

(Y/n) was silent for a moment but nodded, looking a bit unsure. "Okay. If it's that important to you then I guess I can promise that"

Kara gave the boy a long lasting kiss before breaking away a minute later. "I promise it'll be worth it"

"I'm sure it will" (y/n) nodded with a small smile. He was silent for a moment. "Can I drive my new car now?" He asked excitedly once it felt long enough that it was now a semi appropriate topic.

Kara smiled at the boys obvious excitement. "Of course you can! Get in there" she watched as the boy moved more quickly than she had ever seen him move as he got into the car.

She quickly got in on the other side and watched as the boy started the car, enjoying the rare sight of him giddy with excitement as he listened to the engine starting up. This was definitely the best purchase she had ever made.

—————————————————————

Kara walked hand in hand with her boyfriend into the pizza place. She was now in her overalls and wig. The boy was still practically shaking with excitement after the first driving of his new car and Kara was enjoying seeing this side of him more than she enjoyed almost anything else.

They quickly picked up the pizza pie they had ordered and brought it outside before sitting at a table. The boys leg was now physically shaking, shaking the entire table in the process too.

Kara laughed as she watched the shaking boy begin to eat a slice of pizza. "Your heart rate is through the roof right now" she spoke quietly so she wasn't heard by anyone but the boy.

"Can you blame me for that? How would you feel if you got one of the things you wanted most in life?" (Y/n) asked as he bit into the pizza again.

"Well..." Kara trailed off as she used her X-Ray vision on the boy. "I've got that right in front of me"

"Okay...?" (Y/n) crossed his arms after finishing his first slice of pizza. "Are you using your X-Ray vision? Was that a cute comment or a perverted one?"

"Yes" was Kara's response as the girl grabbed her first slice of pizza and started eating it. "Don't worry about it"

(Y/n) rolled his eyes as he took a second slice of pizza. His leg was still shaking the table as they continued to sit and eat.

"You agreed to this" Kara pointed out as she smirked.

"And I got the better half of the deal" (y/n) smiled at the thought of his beautiful new vehicle.

Kara wanted to argue that he was wrong but considering how much she spent getting the car and making sure it was in working order he may have been right. "Just shut up and eat your pizza" she spoke as she bit into her own slice. "The sooner we finish the sooner you get to drive that car again"

That last sentence was enough to really cause the boy to speed up. Kara was surprised he didn't choke on his food. She laughed again as she bit into her slice and watched him finish his second one.

Word count: 1012

(Thoughts? How do you think Kara will one up this and propose?)