Performance

"Oui, it's a marvelous performance indeed" Monsieur Mallah spoke with a big gorilla smile as he adjusted his beret. "The Brain and I have seen it many times"

"Yeah... well I made a stupid promise and now I have to perform the entire thing for (y/n)" Kara sighed and rubbed her eyes. "So can you watch me practice? Make sure I do it well? I haven't done much acting before... other than pretending to be human... and I'm not even good at that"

Mallah nodded. "I suppose I could give you a bit of help. I have done my fair share of acting from time to time"

"Thank you" Kara smiled as she quickly ran off to go grab her box of costumes. "Let's do this!" She opened the huge box and super speeded into a pirate costume.

"That's a lot of outfits" the gorilla spoke in that French accent of his, sounding impressed.

"Yeah I got a bit carried away one day and bought way to many" Kara shrugged as she adjusted her pirate hat. "But (y/n) is into them so I keep them"

—————————————————————

(Y/n) watched from the window as Kara, wearing a generals uniform, sung a song, Mallah critiquing her as she sang. She was to far away for (y/n) to hear unfortunately.

"She's such a theater nerd" Nia spoke from over the table.

"Oh she totally is" (y/n) agreed as he walked back over to the table and sat across from Nia. "But she never shows that side of her. That's half the reason I'm making her do this"

"Whats the other reason?" Nia asked with a curious look.

"Because I like her singing voice" (y/n) shrugged as he picked up his cup and took a sip of water. "And she quoted it without even realizing yesterday" (y/n) put the cup down. "She'll make a perfect pirate king with some of the things she says"

Nia nodded and smiled as Streaky jumped into her lap and she started petting him.

Oh to be that cat, the boy thought to himself as he took another sip of his water. "So how's the hero business?"

"Not bad" Nia shrugged as she smirked. "How's mooching off your fiancée?"

"It's everything I hoped it would be" (y/n) replied with a smile of his own. "Living the dream. I wholeheartedly recommend it"

"How do you not get bored?" Nia asked with a confused look as she continued to pet Streaky.

"Oh I do when Kara isn't here. I just prefer boredom to work or school. Besides, I had Kara build a library downstairs beside her fortress. You can fit a lot of Star Wars books down there and I have nothing but time to read them"

"Nerd" the boy rolled his eyes at the taunt as he opened his laptop and resumed his earlier looking at wedding cakes. "You two were made for each other"

"When it comes to some things" (y/n) agreed with a nod as he stared at the computer screen. "But sometimes-" the boy was quickly cut off by a large boom.

"What the hell was that?!" Nia asked as she looked around for an explosion of some sort.

"Sonic boom" (y/n) replied simply without even looking up. "Something urgent must have come up" he motioned to the window and Nia walked over. She looked outside and Kara was indeed now gone.

"She's getting fast" Nia whispered before walking back to the boy and sitting across from him.

—————————————————————

"I'm- I'm back" Kara Zor-El panted as she landed in front of the French gorilla about an hour after leaving to stop the leaning tower of Pisa from being shot into space by some freak. She had been delayed a bit by a giant robot.

"Your jacket is on fire" Mallah spoke before Kara quickly looked at her sleeve and noticed he was right. She quickly used her freeze breath and put the fire out.

"I'm really starting to hate crime fighting. Ruins all my good clothes" she huffed as she looked at the burnt, but repairable, jacket. "I think I'm going to go home... thanks for the help but with what my life is like I won't have the time to do this full play for (y/n) anyways before it's interrupted by some sort of giant... di-duck! Giant duck or something"

"Hmm" Mallah stroked his chin with his big gorilla hand. "Why not film it?" Kara gave an interested look. "That way it's not able to be done over many sessions whenever you're able, but it shall also be possible for you to gauge his reaction"

"You're brilliant Mallah!" Kara laughed happily as she quickly pulled the gorilla into a hug. "That's perfect!"

Mallah chuckled as he pat the girl of steel's back. "Brilliance is more of the Brain's thing. But I appreciate the compliment"

—————————————————————

"Finished, finished, finished!" Kara announced happily as she entered her home with a DVD in hand. "Get out here little guy!"

"Don't call me little when we have company!" (Y/n) replied before entering the room with Nia close behind.

"Ah, cheating on me?" Kara asked as she walked over to the boy before picking him up and putting him on her shoulders.

"Wow. Tall ceiling" Nia muttered.

"Yeah. I'm cheating on the girl with super hearing, strength, and anything else that can be super. Because that's a good idea" the boy rolled his eyes as Kara walked them over to the couch before setting the boy down on it and sitting beside him. "What's happening?"

"Movie time!" Kara chuckled happily before literally throwing the dvd into the player. "I've got super aim too"

"Neat" (y/n) leaned his head against Kara as Nia took the hint and exited the house.

"I recorded the performance that Mallah and I have been working on over the past week" she smiled happily as the dvd started playing. "This way I get to watch how you react to me"

"Couldn't you have always watched?"

"I'd be to sucked into the performance" Kara shrugged as she put her arm around the boy.

Word count: 1029