The Raoist

"And what's this room?" (Y/n) asked as he entered the one room in the basement Kara had yet to show him during the tour of their new home. "Woah"

Kara smiled as she closed the door behind them. The room was white and crystalline in design. Very futuristic looking. "This is... my little fortress of solitude" she spoke as she ran her hand across the wall.

"What are those?" The boy asked as he walked towards a wall carved with the images of two birds or... dragons? He wasn't sure. Above them a large man.

"Rao" she pointed to the large man. "Nightwing and Flamebird" she pointed to the bird/dragon things. "They're the primary Kryptonian Gods"

"Are you religious?" The boy asked with a curious look. It was a subject that had surprisingly never really come up between the two.

"I am" Kara replied as she placed her hand on the image of Flamebird. "Although I've been questioning everything since I left krypton... I like to believe though"

"Understandable" (y/n) replied as he watched the girl, admiring the small smile that appeared the more she spoke about this. "Tell me about them" Kara quickly turned and gave a confused look. "Your gods. Rao and Nightwing and... Firebird"

"Flamebird" Kara let out a little laugh at the boys mistake. "I don't want to bore you. None of it is really relevant here on earth... you know, aside from the fact that Batman's son uses the name Nightwing"

"Wait that's where he gets it from?" (Y/n) asked, prompting Kara to nod. "That's kinda cute"

"So is he" Kara laughed as the boy rolled his eyes. She finally turned back to look at him. "The stories would just bore you"

"No it wouldn't" (y/n) spoke as he took Kara's hands in his. "If it's important to you I want to know all about it. Besides I always found mythology interesting"

Kara couldn't help as her smile widened. "Alright then" she spoke as she floated up and pointed to Rao's face. "Rao is the father of Nightwing and Flamebird. He's the God of our sun and according to legends the House of El are directly descended from him"

"Oh?" (Y/n) asked as he broke into a smirk. "So I'm dating a demigod?" Kara let out another laugh as he put his arms around her.

"It would seem so" she smirked as she gave him a quick kiss. "That's kind of a hot thought huh?"

"Definitely" (y/n) agreed as he gave her another kiss.

—————————————————————

Kara was surprised by how patient and willing to learn about her culture the boy had been. She sat on the couch staring at him as he put up a couple of framed pictures of the pair of them on the fireplace mantle. "Look good?" He asked as he took a step back to get a farther look.

"Perfect" she replied as she stood up. She walked over the wall and began walking up it before walking onto the ceiling. "Even looks good upside down!"

(Y/n) laughed at the girl as he looked straight up to get a look at her. "How does the blood not rush to your head?" He asked with a confused look. "There's still gravity"

Kara shrugged as she sat down on the ceiling. "I'm like one of those pens that astronauts use on the space station. Everything goes where it's supposed to and I don't care enough to figure out why"

"Fair enough" (y/n) replied as he took a seat on the couch.

It was silent for another minute before Kara spoke again. "Do you mind if I put a couch up here?"

"On the ceiling?" (Y/n) asked as he once again looked up at the girl.

Kara frowned. "I like it up here"

"What if someone comes over and asks why there's a couch on the ceiling?" Kara was silent for a moment. "What if the couch falls and crushes me?"

"Both good points" Kara huffed. "I'm at least getting a beanbag. I'll take it back down when I'm not using it"

"Sounds like a plan" (y/n) nodded as he watched Kara float down and flip back so she was right side up. She landed before the boy and pulled him to his feet. "Any idea when you think you'll be ready to move in here?" She asked quietly, hoping she didn't inadvertently upset him.

"I- I suppose we could try tomorrow" (y/n) spoke as the girl quickly pulled him into a hug.

"You don't need to rush it" she spoke as she buried her face in his chest.

"I know. But the more we put it off the more nervous I'll be" (y/n) spoke as he pat her back and returned the hug.

"Would it help if I put those little glow in the dark stars on the bedroom ceiling like you have back home?" Kara asked as she pulled away and looked at him.

"...maybe" (y/n) replied as he nodded.

"On it!" Kara quickly ran away as she began to turn blue and returned before zipping into the bedroom as she sparked.

(Y/n) laughed a bit, still not over her ever growing speed. She seemed to be getting faster and faster by the day.

Word count: 912

(Nightwing gave me inspiration and Lois and Clark: the new adventures of Superman made me want to show off wall and ceiling walking)